PDA

View Full Version : Front licence plate frame holder - any different/new styles?

bullman
03-11-2005, 01:40 PM
Hi,

I took it off for a while, but now it is back - the licence plate bracket that attaches on the front bumper so the actual licence plate will fit (and a frame).

But it is the stock black one, and I think it is pretty ugly, or at least mine is because it is cracked on the top ... I was considering replacing it with something else. It looks OK with just the plate, ugly w/ the dealer frame, and funky with the chrome frame.

What other solutions are possible? - has anyone attached their plate (onto a stock bumper) using some other ways? Are there aftermarket brackets like this that are metallic or something?

- If not I was considering getting a new one and just spray painting it silver (lol) ...

Any Ideas? - and if this is the only solution -> does anyone have a bracket they do not need?

Thanks in advance for any feedback !!

HAPPY SPRING 8)

cardude03
03-11-2005, 01:49 PM
when my car was in the shop, the just painted my thingie to colormatch the car, i didnt even ask them to, lol, they just did it for some reason, it looks nice i guess, if your thinking of doing something like that, i can try and take a pic for you.

eatyourkix
03-11-2005, 08:58 PM
why don't you just buy a chrome mitsu or galant logo plate? and put your state tag on the back where it's meant to go?

its what i have

thebirdman13
03-11-2005, 11:08 PM
some states require both front and rear tags... :roll:

pinoyesv6
03-11-2005, 11:44 PM
the auto parts store has universal brackets. same with ebay.

some people have just deleted the bracket and just screwed the plate to the bumper.

Censee
03-13-2005, 02:05 PM
check out www.importfan.com they have real carbon fiber ones...