PDA

View Full Version : Cold air intake?

Supernova
08-10-2002, 11:30 PM
Yeah, around how much will one run me and about how much HP will one boost me in an i4?

pinoyesv6
08-11-2002, 12:02 AM
varies from 50 (homemade) to about 500 (aem, at least the most expensive i seen, i seen aem for cheaper)

as for hp, im seeing single digits...

Supernova
08-11-2002, 12:28 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>varies from 50 (homemade) to about 500 (aem, at least the most expensive i seen, i seen aem for cheaper)

as for hp, im seeing single digits...</div>

Meh... well, does it make the car sound better?

Auto-9
08-11-2002, 12:57 PM
Depends on how you define better. For my dad if a car could be completely silent that's better. For me, as long as it's ballsy I could go for quiet rather than Civic ripping loud.

Black2k1GTZ
08-11-2002, 01:18 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>varies from 50 (homemade) to about 500 (aem, at least the most expensive i seen, i seen aem for cheaper)

$500 for an intake?? What the hell is this made out of??? The most expensive Ive seen for a Galant is like $250...

Marc :mg:

2002GALANTes
08-11-2002, 01:31 PM
I paid 250.00 for my Injen Rd Cai, and i love the way it sounds. I couldn't tell you the hp, i guess from 1 -3 at most.

Supernova
08-11-2002, 02:36 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(2002GALANTes)</div><div class='quotemain'>I paid 250.00 for my Injen Rd Cai, and i love the way it sounds. I couldn't tell you the hp, i guess from 1 -3 at most.</div>Well, at least it sounds good. The HP can come later I guess...

T.S.
08-11-2002, 02:38 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Supernova)</div><div class='quotemain'>

Meh... well, does it make the car sound better?</div>

Do the intake mod where you flip over your intake box, then go drive around for awhile and accelerate hard and you will get atleast a better idea of the sound you get.

Disconnect your negative battery terminal while your doing the mod too, then hook it back up when your done so it will re adjust to getting alot more air now or it might run funny when your start it up from getting too much air and not being used to it

pinoyesv6
08-11-2002, 09:40 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Supernova)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>varies from 50 (homemade) to about 500 (aem, at least the most expensive i seen, i seen aem for cheaper)

Meh... well, does it make the car sound better?</div>

most intakes sound the same, air being passed thru a filter then a pipe. if u are familiar with intakes, u should know that sound. if you like it, the its gonna sound better, if u don't then it wont

Tiller
08-11-2002, 10:19 PM
I paid $271.50 for my AEM...

I opted for the polished finish which was $29 more, so it would have only cost me about $245... this was for a V6 though...

The AEM dynoed at a peak of about 6whp...

Auto-9
08-12-2002, 12:45 AM
I paid 190 for my AEM CAI, that included overnight shipping. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

Supernova
08-12-2002, 04:55 PM
varies from 50 (homemade) to about 500 (aem, at least the most expensive i seen, i seen aem for cheaper)

as for hp, im seeing single digits...

Meh... well, does it make the car sound better?

most intakes sound the same, air being passed thru a filter then a pipe. if u are familiar with intakes, u should know that sound. if you like it, the its gonna sound better, if u don't then it wont

Well, i've never heard what one sounds like. Adn If I have, i don't know it. I'm not that familiar with engins and the stuff you can do to them....

SILVERES
08-12-2002, 08:19 PM
about the intake thing i have an short ram injen my question is can i get a cold air extention for it if so how much or not can it be customized thnx o its a v6 if that matters

pinoyesv6
08-13-2002, 11:30 AM
about the intake thing i have an short ram injen my question is can i get a cold air extention for it if so how much or not can it be customized thnx o its a v6 if that matters

if you have the eclipse intake, then its just as easy as getting the extension. if you got the galant intake, you have to make up an extension, cut apart some of the injen intake and you should be str8

Bigg Boi
08-15-2002, 04:08 PM
Which Eclipse intakes work on a 2000 i4?