PDA

View Full Version : Need real advice...not opinions

cbell803
03-22-2005, 06:06 PM
..different people had different opinions. I've been doing searches on here, but i'm gonna ask again, but i just want answers from people who have HID's or a very knowledgable, not someone who has a negative opinion or is hating. Is it worth it to spend money on a kit, if u dont have projectors? and what projectors fit 8g? valeo right? would that be the wisest,b/c you're getting projectors plus HID. dont really want to MAKE my projectors,b/c i dont have the time. want to buy, but i want to spend wisely, and i want the look of bmw,acura,audi,etc...not something that if you pull up beside one of those cars, they'll say, "ha ha he put those on his car, trying to copy us and it looks like sh**! wuz up, good info please, i really want to get this out the way.

peanotation
03-22-2005, 06:22 PM
there's a few morons who insist HIDs on halogen housings are a waste of time. funny, because EVERY single person who put HIDs into their halogen housing still can't shut up about how amazing it is. the light output far outperforms halogens, no matter how high their wattage is, and the color is certainly to die for. i'm running 7200K and it's incredible. i've seen everything from 4300K to 10000K and they all look great. the light reaches far and the colors are incredible.

considering how cheap HID kits are these days, it'd be a bad choice if you didn't go for it.

Danger DANJ
03-22-2005, 06:49 PM
Yeah, putting an HID kit will be much brighter than stock without projectors. If you are looking for brighter light, then it's worth it. With projectors, you get a proper beam cutoff and you get the cool blue and purpleish colors without sacrificing light output. The only reason I have yet to get an HID kit or do a projector retrofit is because I do very little night driving with my Galant and have always spent the money on something else I wanted instead.