PDA

View Full Version : Does something look fishy about this???

Jesse
10-08-2002, 01:35 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=1866468153 ('http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1866468153')

1995-1999 CHRYSLER TALON

1994-1998 MITSUBISH GALANT

DROP

1"-4" ADJUSTABLE
Chyrstler Talon??? I know the NA's have a chrstler 420A, but sheesh, get it right. And if they fit the 2g talon, why not the 2g eclipse. And if they fit the 2g Talon, then the suspension is slightly different for the Galant considering they are different weight and they ride differently.

Anybody get a set of these???

QnzMostWanted
10-08-2002, 07:26 PM
Technically, Chrysler owns Dodge, Plymouth, Jeep and Eagle, so Chrysler Talon may not be the direct name, but the Eagle Talon is a Chrysler, and they should fit

2True
10-08-2002, 08:08 PM
Abviously the seller is just a dumbass and I wouldn't trust him as far as I could... plant malicious logic in his registry files when he opens my email.

They will fit, though. Not too sure about the quality, never heard of "SpringTech" must be the same guys as "RotoTech"

queball
10-08-2002, 09:00 PM
Well if the guy that is selling them knew any thing about cars he would know that its a Eagle Talon not Chrystal although the same company, but the Talon is the exact same car as the eclips just a little differand rear and nose..

MitsuMan
10-09-2002, 10:27 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=1867349554 ('http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1867349554')

What about theses??

schick
10-09-2002, 02:08 PM
The springs on the auction on the last post look alot like Ground Control's CO kit, with the single lower adjuster with the allen wrench.

IllestGalant
12-05-2002, 07:38 AM
That little sentence that says "Your springs may look different"
That's there for a reason. You bet your ass their gonna look different!

Jesse
12-05-2002, 11:23 AM
I ended up buying them. They look just as pictured.

BLsGalant97
12-05-2002, 11:44 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jesse)</div><div class='quotemain'>I ended up buying them. Â*They look just as pictured.</div>

Which ones the red ones or the blue???? And did you get them on yet?? If so how are they??? I saw those also a few months ago but t=didnt know what to think about them. :roll:

seth98esT
12-05-2002, 11:53 PM
He got the red ones and has them on now with some AGXs. He says the ride is rather bumpy but he likes it that way. Plus he has it slammed so tht doesnt help much either https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif But they are cheap. Im gonna wait a bit and see if Jesse has any problems with em, if he does then I will probably shell out the xtra cash for some GroundControls

BLsGalant97
12-05-2002, 11:59 PM
I see......ok honestly i dont know crap about this stuff......but a quick question. Can any coilover or spring that will fit an 95-99 eclipse fit our cars???? Im more leaning towards coilovers so i can raise it to stock height during the winter. The only other coilovers i know of are the Skunk2..but those are kind pricey. Any other ones fit our cars that might be a little cheaper. Sorry for changing the topic a little. Thanks

seth98esT
12-06-2002, 12:08 AM
from what i hear the coilovers from the eclipse and what not may fit but the spring ratios are different so i am not sure how ur car will ride with them on

GroundControls are the best coilovers for the Galant but they are like $300-400. Skunk2s are cheaper but are not as good of quality. And then theres crap like Aerospeed and stuff but Id probably rather buy the coilovers off of eBay

BLsGalant97
12-06-2002, 12:19 AM
Ok thanks dude....I'll check with Jesse in the future to see how he is making out with the ebay ones.

Jesse
12-06-2002, 02:39 PM
I didn't know aerospeed makes coilovers for the galant, if they did, I'd buy them in a heart beat. We put aerospeed's on my friends 98 civic and slammed it 4" and it rode awesome for 2 months with stock struts. If he had performance struts, I know they would've been awesome for years.

My coilovers are the red ones, they settled after about 5 days and became less bumpy, but they are still bumpy.

I have the car up as high as it goes and it was still lowered about 3". I can go down 3" more if I lower the coilovers, so that's a total of 6" of height. My car is only 1.75 - 2" off the ground now, so I'll leave them as high as they go.

I can start from a stop and with the wheels turned as sharp as they can and accelerate to 25mph and spin in a tight circle without any sliding or anything. That's how good the handling has become. The bumps get annoying, but with low low low profile tires, you'll have that. I believe they're definitely worth the $100 I paid for them.

They were made for talon which means they're also made for the eclipse. Springs and coilovers both work for galant/eclipse/talon.

For struts, I had to have my car ovaled out a little bit in the rear for the AGX's to fit. They are made for the Galant. Only the front is universal with the eclipse. I found out that Koni makes gas struts for us, but they aren't adjustable.

BLsGalant97
12-06-2002, 10:11 PM
They were made for talon which means they're also made for the eclipse. Springs and coilovers both work for galant/eclipse/talon. So you mean if i find coilover/springs for an eclipse (any brand) they will fit???

2True
12-07-2002, 12:03 AM
[quote]They were made for talon which means they're also made for the eclipse. Springs and coilovers both work for galant/eclipse/talon. So you mean if i find coilover/springs for an eclipse (any brand) they will fit???[/quote

YES indeedeee. Try to make it a 95-99 non-turbo though, that would be the closest match.

seth98esT
12-10-2002, 09:36 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jesse)</div><div class='quotemain'>I didn't know aerospeed makes coilovers for the galant, if they did, I'd buy them in a heart beat. Â*We put aerospeed's on my friends 98 civic and slammed it 4" and it rode awesome for 2 months with stock struts. Â*If he had performance struts, I know they would've been awesome for years.
</div>

click here ('http://www.emiperformance.com/acatalog/_emiperformance_com_Suspension_97.html')

at only $150 its worth a try. i dont know how good of quality they are though

BLsGalant97
12-10-2002, 09:48 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jesse)</div><div class='quotemain'>I didn't know aerospeed makes coilovers for the galant, if they did, I'd buy them in a heart beat. Â*We put aerospeed's on my friends 98 civic and slammed it 4" and it rode awesome for 2 months with stock struts. Â*If he had performance struts, I know they would've been awesome for years.
</div>

click here ('http://www.emiperformance.com/acatalog/_emiperformance_com_Suspension_97.html')

at only $150 its worth a try. i dont know how good of quality they are though</div>

wow and shipping is only $1.50

BEAST
12-10-2002, 10:53 PM
Yea I was looking into getting those Spring Tech coilovers. I don't know if I should get the aerospeed ones though cause their only $50 more. Decisions, desicisions.

Jesse
12-13-2002, 02:37 PM
Get aerospeed, that's my opinion.

BEAST
12-16-2002, 02:12 PM
I heard somewhere that aerospeeds rode like shit.

BEAST
12-20-2002, 12:41 AM
anyone know?

2True
12-20-2002, 12:43 AM
On Civics they do. Not sure on Galant's.... try them and write a review. :wink:

BEAST
12-20-2002, 01:36 AM
I just might do that. I don't think anyone else has them on their Galant as of right now. I may be wrong though. They will probably be better than the Spring Techs anyway. Got a website for them?

Jesse
12-20-2002, 11:10 AM
Aerospeeds DO NOT ride like shit on civics. Only if you slam it 3" and use OEM struts. Like a said like 8 posts up, my friend slammed his 98 civic as low as the aerospeeds go. For 2 or 3 months it ran better then the soft OEM ride which surprised the hell out of me. With some adjustable gas struts it should have rode awesome for a long time.

I strongly suggest these over all the cheaper coilovers.

seth98esT
12-20-2002, 11:13 AM
i am going to get the arospeed coilovers, but not untill this summer when i can afford some struts.

Jesse
12-20-2002, 11:14 AM
Wanna do the install at my crib S-dawg?

haha

BEAST
12-20-2002, 12:25 PM
I can't find aerospeed coilovers for the galant at all. Where did you find these?

2True
12-25-2002, 03:47 PM
All respect to my dawg Jesse, but here is another man's opinion BEAST. Consider the fact that he has an 8g however...

Click Dis ('http://www.clubtgc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2562')

My .2 cents, I kinda wish I had bought the Ebay one's or the Arospeed personally. My Skunk2's are nice and all, but my buddy got some no-name's for his Stratus and they look and ride almost identical to mine. I was pissed, but I didn't tell him that.

I know a Stratus in obviously not a Galant but we both have AGX's and about the same drop. :x