PDA

View Full Version : Hood pins

EGALANT01
03-26-2005, 06:55 PM
Ok so i did a search and it came up with a million things. I have the carbon fiber monster hood ill be installing but want to do hood pins for extra hold. Im looking around whats the best type of hood pin to use? and where to get them from? If someone has pictures too please post. Thanks.

Lazarus
03-26-2005, 07:13 PM
I'd definately go with a sparco or top name brand hood pin the cheap ones have a tendency to rust. and you wanna put them further towards teh fenders of teh car. (outside)

underated
03-26-2005, 07:16 PM
mind if i ask where you got your hood from ive only seen the FG ones

luxcrusr2000
03-26-2005, 08:04 PM
Ask Peano, he's the expert. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

galantv600
03-26-2005, 08:14 PM
i just got Sparco ones.. cost me through my shop about 25-30 bucks... they match nicely too.. silver, red, blue

SinSere
03-27-2005, 09:44 AM
Yeah, the Sparco ones are all over the net for around $30. There really aren't too many choices out there. Might as well go with a reputable name you know. I'm not sure I really like the longer design of the Sparco's, but I'll probably get them as well when I get my Monster FG hood https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

EGALANT01
03-27-2005, 10:27 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(underated)</div><div class='quotemain'>mind if i ask where you got your hood from ive only seen the FG ones</div>

I ordered it through Andys auto sport. Its not on there website but they have it or you can get it directly from extreme demensions.

Thanks for the help i seen two different types of hood pins ones that lock and just reg. Ill most likley go with the sparco type tho. Ill have to ask peano where exactly to install i know it should be further apart, but i might run into a problem since pin for my alarm system is moutned near there. Im sure ill work something out. If anyone else has pictures of where theres is mounted id like to see thanks again.

GalantGuy96
03-27-2005, 12:03 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(EGALANT01)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Ill have to ask peano where exactly to install</div>
14 on your hood, 7 on each fender, some on your roof for good measure, drill your windshield and put 2 or 3 in there, use it to connect your bumper to your fenders and hood...another 18, hood pins? they can be trunk pins too...thats another 8 pins right there, you dont need door locks...just use some hood pins, people breaking into your car? use more hood pins.....it a great theft deterant.

peanotation
03-27-2005, 12:15 PM
just install them as far apart as possible. don't want to be fucked like me and have the corners lift up on the highway cause you installed them too close to the middle..........

krispy03
03-27-2005, 12:24 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'>just install them as far apart as possible. don't want to be fucked like me and have the corners lift up on the highway cause you installed them too close to the middle..........</div>
oooo thats the history behind them.

EGALANT01
03-27-2005, 12:57 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GalantGuy96)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(EGALANT01)</div><div class='quotemain'>
14 on your hood, 7 on each fender, some on your roof for good measure, drill your windshield and put 2 or 3 in there, use it to connect your bumper to your fenders and hood...another 18, hood pins? they can be trunk pins too...thats another 8 pins right there, you dont need door locks...just use some hood pins, people breaking into your car? use more hood pins.....it a great theft deterant.</div>

ok u didn't have to be a wise @ss about it. i just seen different types and the ones that have a lock on it are different, i was just looking for the best type thats all. And to the matter of the fact I live in trenton, where cars are stolen everyday or broken into ,people being shot and what now with all this gang stuff too so maybe I do wanna use lock ones.

GalantGuy96
03-27-2005, 01:32 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(EGALANT01)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GalantGuy96)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(EGALANT01)</div><div class='quotemain'>
14 on your hood, 7 on each fender, some on your roof for good measure, drill your windshield and put 2 or 3 in there, use it to connect your bumper to your fenders and hood...another 18, hood pins? they can be trunk pins too...thats another 8 pins right there, you dont need door locks...just use some hood pins, people breaking into your car? use more hood pins.....it a great theft deterant.</div>

ok u didn't have to be a wise @ss about it. i just seen different types and the ones that have a lock on it are different, i was just looking for the best type thats all. And to the matter of the fact I live in trenton, where cars are stolen everyday or broken into ,people being shot and what now with all this gang stuff too so maybe I do wanna use lock ones.</div>
lol, relax n00b.......hood pins are a common joke we play on peano....

EGALANT01
03-27-2005, 01:39 PM
ok

DOHCstunr
03-27-2005, 02:29 PM
i had to put hood pins on my hood pins,
but its okay, because i had a couple of extra sets after that, and i used them to pin the hoodpinned hoodpins.

SinSere
03-27-2005, 02:34 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DOHCSTUNR)</div><div class='quotemain'>i had to put hood pins on my hood pins, Â*
but its okay, because i had a couple of extra sets after that, and i used them to pin the hoodpinned hoodpins.</div>

nice... :roll:

Danger DANJ
03-27-2005, 04:10 PM
I was going to get the locking hood pins, but I realized I would be screwed if I ever lost the key. Plus you have to make bigger holes in your hood to be able to install them compared to the Sparco ones that I have. I say just get some Sparco ones.

NYmagicstk
03-27-2005, 11:25 PM
<span style='color:blue'>Danj, have you had any problem with your hood due to the spacing of your pins? From your pics, your pins look like they are adequately spaced, so to the guy that started the post... I guess a good loc. would be right on the outside of the bend in the hood.</span>