PDA

View Full Version : Will this engine fit?

Proud Galant Driver
10-08-2002, 05:06 PM
I need to know if i can take an engine from a 7th gen galant and put it in my 92. can i and will my tranny hold up? i wasnt sure if this should go in 6 or 7 gen galant forum. thanks.

pinoyesv6
10-08-2002, 05:11 PM
phyiscally the motor can fit. but lots of modifications especially with the ecu have to be done to get things working...

Jesse
10-08-2002, 05:13 PM
I'm not sure.

Just a question? Why would you want to. You have a 4g63 NA, you can easily get all the parts off a 4g63T (eclipse GST, Talon TSI) and convert your car to a turbo.

I'm sure it's possible, but no feasible if you're not planning on doing any hybrid motor work.

later

Proud Galant Driver
10-08-2002, 06:04 PM
well, my engine is junk. its leaking oil, burning oil, and just plain falling apart. so im looking to put a new engine in it but its not super easy to find my exact engine. so i just need to know how many different years would fit. i could use a talon right? any advice or a site with galant engines? i dont want to keep the engine for ever because some day i will replace it with a fast one but right now im just worried about the car driving.

QnzMostWanted
10-08-2002, 07:17 PM
well, y not get a regular 4g63 DOHC, it will bolt right up with no problems

g96nt
10-08-2002, 07:47 PM
if yours is a 6th gen galant, and you're Trying To put a newer motor in it.. it won't work... easily.

the newer 4g64's rely on the transmissions' 3 mounts To keep the motor/trans. off the ground.

your older one.. has one tranny mount, and 3 motor mounts. (yes, it matters)

unless you construct custom mounts... it won't Work

but.. simple welding, and cutting will allow for this to work.

and Then... just use your Stock ECU (assuming yours is an old SOHC 2L)

the problems may be re-wirng sensors to work.
or.. a Simpler plan, would be re-running the wiring harness.

Dark Anghell
10-09-2002, 09:48 PM
Huh...it's wierd that we can install the engine from the 6th gen galant or 1st gen eclipse(or at least I assume we can), but we can't go backwards. :roll: This is confusing me...too much info at once...noooo!

Damn what was that???? :oops:

Mitsufied
10-10-2002, 11:43 AM
Go to www.jasperengines.com to see if they have a rebuilt/performance engine for your car.

Or go to www.junkyarddog.com and search for a used engine.