PDA

View Full Version : 94-98 mirros fit 8g?

neel9
04-03-2005, 09:37 PM
will a 94-98 galants mirros fit an 8g?

galantv600
04-03-2005, 10:05 PM
anything will fit any car with modifications done... as to the closest fit, 94-97? accord mirros are the closest frame/form of our 8g's... 7g mirrors can PROBABLY fit but not as close as the accord mirrors will... i have accord m3 mirrors (soon to be jdm power folding :twisted: ) on my G and just drilled new holes for the mirrors and they sit as OEM as u can get em!!!!

neel9
04-03-2005, 10:12 PM
hey .. i am looking for some folding mirrors too.. where can i get some ??.. i guess i should be looking for accord ones..!!

str8304
04-03-2005, 10:36 PM
hey .. i am looking for some folding mirrors too.. where can i get some ??.. i guess i should be looking for accord ones..!!

Ractive makes some power folding mirrors with the led turn signal exactly like the ones pinoy (however you spell it) has. They are pretty pricey though. I think I have seen them for over $300 though. I am pretty sure you can get them a lot cheaper through a Ractive distributor though.

neel9
04-03-2005, 10:41 PM
any tutorials on how to install m3 mirrors or folding mirrors?

pinoyesv6
04-03-2005, 10:49 PM
if you try a[size=24]<span style='color:red'> search</span> you'll find tutorials.

but depending on what brand mirror and the style and what car it comes from, there might be a slight variation on install.

on my ganador style mirrors i had to remove the studs on the mirrors and use screws. then run wires for my turn signal and parking light

on my folding mirrors, i had to drill, tap, grind, find bolts, run wires for the turn signal, wires for the power folding blah blah blah.

installing something that wasn't made for your car isn't a rocket science and no tutorial can tell you exactly how to do it.

if you can find a 7g wiring diagram you might want to check it out. i can't get my hands on it but there might be significantly less wiring to do since mitsu sometimes likes to use the same connectiors...

neel9
04-03-2005, 10:52 PM
i looked into the ractive ones and seem good.. my main aim is to get mirrors that fold.. so.. what about ractive?

pinoyesv6
04-03-2005, 11:04 PM
i looked into the ractive ones and seem good.. my main aim is to get mirrors that fold.. so.. what about ractive?

i don't have an accord so i can't tell you how fitment is like. haven't had mine long enough so i can't tell you how good they are in the long run. can't really say they're good just yet but i'll tell you that they work. one thing i did notice about the mirrors is with the sidemarkers and an electrical issue with them

installation is a bitch. i'll tell you that. it took me about 4 hours to install mine and thats cuz i had a friend help me out to make things quicker.

a few members have contacted me about getting them a set and modifying them so not only do they fit way better but also so that they are street legal.

neel9
04-03-2005, 11:19 PM
if u do it than i wil pay u to do it..!!! let me know..

neel9
04-06-2005, 02:28 AM
i searched the forums and could not find on how to install mirrors.. please help me out