PDA

View Full Version : does this sound like a good idea?

yourbullit
04-04-2005, 12:23 AM
i like the look of the eyelids on galants, but everywhere i see its for JDM. So what i was thinking was making my own out of fiberglass. i've done my reading and with some help from my peoples it shouldn't be so hard.
The twist i wanted to give it is taking the galant letters from my trunk shaving and place them underneath the fiberglass so the final product will have
galant in raised letters. i was thinking of only putting it on the drivers side, i think putting it on both sides would kill it.

any opinions, or directions to someone that has done this would be cool

GsRus
04-04-2005, 12:29 AM
only putting the eyelid on one side, or only the galant letters in the eye lid on one side? if you only put 1 eye lid, i say it'll look horrible. but....if you put 2 eye lids, and only have "galant" on one side, i think it would be good. i think i would only do "galant" on one side too.

pinoyesv6
04-04-2005, 12:31 AM
making your own eyelids. good idea! you can make the eyelids for less than 15 bucks.

putting letter on the eyelids. bad idea

Bigg Boi
04-04-2005, 12:47 AM
Yea... i'm with pinoy on the letters thing. but making your own eyelids would be good if done right.

yourbullit
04-04-2005, 01:05 AM
thanks pinoy and bigg boi, i think i'll try it both ways to see how it looks. i'm thinking that with enough layers the letters will be very subtle and would only be seen in the right light. ill just have to wait and see

i tried searching if there are any certain tricks to removing the headlights but i got a bunch of unrelated topics. i haven't actually tried physically to take them out but i imagine its pretty straight-foreward.(i have an 03)

-GSRUS- eyelids on both sides galant on one-

so i got 2 nay's and 2 yea's

steve urkel
04-04-2005, 11:21 AM
i like the idea but im not really for the lettering...