PDA

View Full Version : OEM fog lights

queball
10-08-2002, 09:36 PM
hey guys don't know about you guys but i have factory fog lights on my car and when i put light bulbs in them no mater what brand or kind they burn out in about 3 months, the wired part is the drives side is now burning out the second i flip the switch on boom the base of the bulb cracks and the bulb is gone but i can't find a short any were.. and it kinda pisses me off my car looks better with the fog lights on.

BEAST
10-08-2002, 10:01 PM
Mine work okay, but the driver's side headlight is on sometimes but is off most of the time. I don't know what exactly is wrong with it. Any suggestions

queball
10-08-2002, 10:07 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BEAST)</div><div class='quotemain'>Mine work okay, but the driver's side headlight is on sometimes but is off most of the time. Â*I don't know what exactly is wrong with it. Â*Any suggestions</div>
I replaced my head light plugs with some i found at Autozone the factory ones don't fit tight and they short out i had my factory ones melt the base of my head lights becouse they fit so loose and were wiggling around..

BEAST
10-08-2002, 10:11 PM
So just go get some new connectors. What exactly should I be looking for. As in what will the box say or look like?

queball
10-08-2002, 10:19 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BEAST)</div><div class='quotemain'>So just go get some new connectors. Â*What exactly should I be looking for. Â*As in what will the box say or look like?</div>
just go to the island were they have the replacement plugs and all the little fasteners and things and just look for a 9006 head lite harnese or plug what ever there called there like 5$ each but they fit so much tighter then the factory ones.. they come in a clear plastic package

queball
10-14-2002, 12:48 AM
i guess im either the only person that has factory fogs or else no one else has this problem..

BEAST
10-14-2002, 02:22 AM
I guess me and you are the only ones with factory fogs?

queball
10-22-2002, 11:09 PM
I guess me and you are the only ones with factory fogs?
ok i can't figure it out ive tested all the wires on the left side and cant find any thing wrong i went to the junk yeadd and got a new lamp fixture and put a new bulb in it and DAMN the same thing the friken bulb cracked at the base right wear the metal touches it, as soon as i turn the lights on..

manybrews
11-07-2002, 08:14 PM
a "short" could not cause that problem.

cantbeatmy97
11-10-2002, 10:24 AM
mine worked till i hit a fricken 20-25lb raccoon on the way home and broken the whole fixture including brackts i bought a new 1 that costs me 159 dollars and it even didnt come w/ the bezel so now im waiting for that to come in someday.before this accident mine worked all the time.i guess im lucky

queball
11-10-2002, 11:26 AM
My passanger one works fine, i don't know whats with the drivers side cracking the base of the bulb like it keeps doing..