PDA

View Full Version : For those of you who are experiencing braking vibrations

lonestar22
04-11-2005, 02:38 PM
I had been experiencing vibration whenever i put on the breaks around 40 to 30 MPH and after a while it had got really bad. Making the glove compartment vibrate badly. So i gave my Mitsu dealer a call and they said the brake rotors were warped. Well i wasnt about to bring it to them so i went to the local Autozone and bought some rotors and new pads since they were about due also. The passenger side rotor was badly rusted around the hub and was stuck on the hub and took alot of force to take off. The driver side was easy to take off making me thing the passenger side rotor was the cause of the problem. After this i tested the breaks and the vibration is now totally gone. The brakes will smell for a while but this is with all new rotors. Be sure to buy some rotor cleaning solvent before you place the rotors on.

keithert
04-13-2005, 08:51 AM
Did you have the new rotors ground? I put new rotors from autozone on and they shook as bad or worse than the originals. Yesterday they were resurfaced and the back brakes and rotors were changed. Now the braking shudder is gone.