PDA

View Full Version : can someone clear something up for me?

95mitsu03
04-20-2005, 03:10 PM
as some of you know I bought brandons 18x7.5 motegi wheels. I am only getting rubbing in the rear (when there are people in the back seats). I am not going to lower my car. Seems that the tires (rear) are rubbing on the control arm. Will a camber kit help me in this case? It only rubs when cornering and when I hit bumps in the road, with people in the back of course. Thanks in advance for any help.

brandon
04-21-2005, 07:21 AM
It may help... when you look at the wheels from behind and under the car, do you see them like this:

|---|

or like this (assuming they're hitting the control arm):

/---

That's how you'd be able to tell if the camber is off. When I had them on with the pro-kit drop I only rubbed with people in the back, but the camber wasn't too bad in the back, only the front.

DOHCstunr
04-21-2005, 07:36 AM
just replace your worn out factory shocks and you'll be fine

95mitsu03
04-21-2005, 02:30 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DOHCSTUNR)</div><div class='quotemain'>just replace your worn out factory shocks and you'll be fine</div>

I thought to try that. So I will, for a stock feel, go with kyb right? What are some good brand? Feel and moneywise?

brandon
04-22-2005, 07:00 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(95mitsu03)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DOHCSTUNR)</div><div class='quotemain'>just replace your worn out factory shocks and you'll be fine</div>

I thought to try that. So I will, for a stock feel, go with kyb right? What are some good brand? Feel and moneywise?</div>

You really can't beat KYB GR2 for both.

www.tirerack.com has the best prices online.