PDA

View Full Version : shocks and struts

aso846
08-11-2002, 04:23 AM
hi, i tried calling and emailing most of the stores here and online in regards to replacing my stock shocks and i i did not received any decent response from them.. all thet gave me was wait it out and hope for them to produce something for the galant... any suggestion or help would be appreicated... thanks in advance.... https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

ScOtTiE_MaK
08-12-2002, 06:54 AM
tru that im looking for the same thing....i bought the progressive springs and need to get my hands on the front and back shocks/struts as well as the camber kit.....people please send me info on what to get with websites to buy them from....thank you much

Scott

pinoyesv6
08-12-2002, 08:18 AM
look for shocks made for the eclipse, 2000+ to be exact. as for the camber kit, look at places like ptuing optauto and stuff like that, they will have them. and as for struts, look to RRE, they're one of the only places that install the koni inserts to oem strusts (only option so far) other than that u can join the waiting list for the kyb struts and just hope they come out one day

Tiller
08-12-2002, 09:51 AM
u can join the waiting list for the kyb struts and just hope they come out one day

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif i'm on the list...

ScOtTiE_MaK
08-12-2002, 10:21 PM
so if i get the 2000+ eclipse struts it'll fit???? send me the link if you could please...e mail it to me =) peace =)

Alister_McRae
08-13-2002, 01:35 AM
How much would shocks, struts, and springs be for all 4?

pinoyesv6
08-13-2002, 12:13 PM
so if i get the 2000+ eclipse struts it'll fit???? send me the link if you could please...e mail it to me =) peace =)

yes tehy will

How much would shocks, struts, and springs be for all 4?

we're talking aftermarket
srpings go for 100 (for some ebay springs) to 400 for so GC coils
rear shocks about 150-300
Front Struts, the only option is the Koni inserts and they run from 290-500

of course, RRE does offer the full suspension setup from JIC, much better than any coil and shock available now but for 1400-1700

Ghost Beat
08-13-2002, 02:04 PM
i think we should should put the shox and struts question into a faq caus so many people ask that question and most also wana know about kyb's and at the pace theyre goign i dont know if we'll ever see a set come out

2002GALANTes
08-13-2002, 04:11 PM
Pinoy wrote: Front Shocks, the only option is the Koni inserts and they run from 290-500 [/quote]

What are inserts and how do they work?

pinoyesv6
08-13-2002, 04:16 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(2002GALANTes)</div><div class='quotemain'>Pinoy wrote: Front Shocks, the only option is the Koni inserts and they run from 290-500 </div>

What are inserts and how do they work?</div>

click click ('http://www.roadraceengineering.com/3g/howto/3gkoniinfo.htm')

baluzz88
08-13-2002, 04:43 PM
Well.... you all can just do what i did, buy new stock shocks to the car and bounce around a while, the back shocks are suppose to be made but its just the front that makes all you galant owners assed out like me, i bought coil overs from ground control and they do a good job dropping the car, the only problem now is that my front shocks are all gone so i'm hopping around looking like a bull rider. give me a post when or if you find some aftermarket shocks.

Danger DANJ
08-14-2002, 12:25 PM
Well.... you all can just do what i did, buy new stock shocks to the car and bounce around a while, the back shocks are suppose to be made but its just the front that makes all you galant owners assed out like me, i bought coil overs from ground control and they do a good job dropping the car, the only problem now is that my front shocks are all gone so i'm hopping around looking like a bull rider. give me a post when or if you find some aftermarket shocks.

I was bouncing around like you for months on Progress springs until I couldn't take it anymore and bought the front Koni inserts. A little pricey, but what do you want for custom work.

Danger DANJ
08-14-2002, 12:40 PM
Hey check this out. Click here ('http://www.eclipseforums.org/showthread.php?threadid=58609').

The front KYB's for the 3G Eclipse (will work for the 8G Galant) are finally available!!