PDA

View Full Version : Homedepot ($5) Camber Kit

Jet Black
04-26-2005, 01:10 AM
Thanks to skillz911 for confirming that this does in fact work:

Skillz911:
Hey guys, After getting my car lowered and Aligned My rear camber on the right was at -2.7 and left -2.3
After slapping the home depot kit on today I went to get the alignment done once again. My rear right is now at : -1.7 and Rear Left -1.3 having 5 washers per bolt will exactly shave off a -1 degree as you see it did for me.
You could actually see the difference in the slant of the tire. When I lowered the car off the jack the wheels stood more up right || as opposed to slanted / .

Here are the two helpful links that I used when doing this.
http://www.geocities.com/tonykhar/camberki...t/camberkit.htm ('http://www.geocities.com/tonykhar/camberkit/camberkit.htm')

These are pics of the job from RRE.
http://www.roadraceengineering.com/3g/rearcamber/ ('http://www.roadraceengineering.com/3g/rearcamber/')

Hopes this helps anyone out who plans on using this method- It works great.

Also a note from Danger Danj:

All of you guys doing the home made camber kit, should make sure you get bolts that are 10.9 hardened steel. If you get anything less, there is a chance the bolts could shear off.

GalantGuy96
04-26-2005, 01:15 AM
so have u done it?
really? that works?.....i knew that, i just didnt want to say anything..

Jet Black
04-26-2005, 01:19 AM
so have u done it?
really? that works?.....i knew that, i just didnt want to say anything..

Actually I havn't done it myself (don't need to, my camber is within spec ~ despite the 2" drop...and the fact that you can see it visibly in my sig). Though countless people have agreed that it works. Right now HeadAche is trying it out.

mrjaydeeone
04-26-2005, 01:30 AM
how is this actually done?
my rear camber is off. my back tires wore pretty bad on the inside
I have the progress drop also
I actaully had to have 1 of my rear tires replaced when I put my 18s back on last month
its kinda tough to see in this pic
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/1/web/169000-169999/169999_6_full.jpg

but also if my camber was perfect when I 1st lowered my car with the progress springs and I had stock struts I woulda rubbed in the rear, as my car tucked perfectly with the camber off as it is

Jet Black
04-26-2005, 09:50 AM
I actaully had to have 1 of my rear tires replaced when I put my 18s back on last month
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/1/web/169000-169999/169999_6_full.jpg

but also if my camber was perfect when I 1st lowered my car with the progress springs and I had stock struts I woulda rubbed in the rear, as my car tucked perfectly with the camber off as it is

Hey Jay, the 2nd link is to RRE's website where they have all the pics lined up. They make it seem super easy. On the 2nd pic, the control-arm thingy (I don't think its actually the control arm) is attacked to the upper portion of the brakes. So basicly any outward movemnt on the control arm will cause the brake assemble to angle slightly more downward.

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/3g/rearcamber/camberkit4.jpg
http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/165/rearsuspensionbreakdown1.jpg

mrjaydeeone
04-26-2005, 03:21 PM
oh I see, but before I would attempt this myself
ok so the washers have to go on all 4 bolts of the control arm thing on both sides? how do you determine how many you need?

Jet Black
04-26-2005, 03:50 PM
ok so the washers have to go on all 4 bolts of the control arm thing on both sides? how do you determine how many you need?

Hmmm thats a good question about if you need to do all 4 bolts per side. In the first set of pics, the guy have 8 bolts lined up. Which means 4 per side. He also has a lot of washers. Though in RRE's website there only show the lower bolts being messed with.

Honestly I would do all of them for 2 reasons, a) you dont want to have uneven stress across the lower control arm conecting portion (this might happen due to making only a portion of the lower control arm connecting piece rise up with the washers), and https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif the idea is basicly to make the whole control arm move outward as a whole, which in turn will change the wheel hub angle.

Also hit up skillz via aim. I always see him online.

As for the number of washers:
5 washers per bolt will exactly shave off a -1 degree

So basicly .2" per washer.

BTW Make sure you take it to the shop first to check out what your camber is right now (number wise). So this way you wont have to guess and test repeatedly.

mrjaydeeone
04-26-2005, 05:28 PM

Hmmm thats a good question about if you need to do all 4 bolts per side. In the first set of pics, the guy have 8 bolts lined up. Which means 4 per side. He also has a lot of washers. Though in RRE's website there only show the lower bolts being messed with.

Honestly I would do all of them for 2 reasons, a) you dont want to have uneven stress across the lower control arm conecting portion (this might happen due to making only a portion of the lower control arm connecting piece rise up with the washers), and https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif the idea is basicly to make the whole control arm move outward as a whole, which in turn will change the wheel hub angle.

Also hit up skillz via aim. I always see him online.

As for the number of washers:
5 washers per bolt will exactly shave off a -1 degree

So basicly .2" per washer.

BTW Make sure you take it to the shop first to check out what your camber is right now (number wise). So this way you wont have to guess and test repeatedly.

yeah I was kinda wondering how to figure out that number that I am off
is Skillz911 still a member on here?
also the place that I got my rims from also dropped my car and installed my struts. I am cool with them, do you think that they would do this for me with the washers? or do you think they would feel that it's something that's not safe?

Jet Black
04-26-2005, 05:31 PM
I think they'll be fine with it. This isn't a performance mod or anything. Your just fixing your camber offset. It's easy enough that it shouldnt take em more than an hour.

I actually havn't seen skill911 around for a while. his screen name is skillz911om. At the moment he seems to be offline, though i remeber i used to see him in the caht all the time.

mrjaydeeone
04-26-2005, 05:37 PM
I think they'll be fine with it. This isn't a performance mod or anything. Your just fixing your camber offset. It's easy enough that it shouldnt take em more than an hour.

I actually havn't seen skill911 around for a while. his screen name is skillz911om. At the moment he seems to be offline, though i remeber i used to see him in the caht all the time.
okay cool thanks
cause I know when I got the new tire they were telling me I should get myself a camber kit with the drop that I have,

Jet Black
04-26-2005, 06:04 PM

okay cool thanks
cause I know when I got the new tire they were telling me I should get myself a camber kit with the drop that I have,

Oh ya, for some people camber kits are 100% required. Shit, HeadAche was just telling me the other day that he went through FOUR sets of tires within a year.

mrjaydeeone
04-26-2005, 06:46 PM

okay cool thanks

Oh ya, for some people camber kits are 100% required. Shit, HeadAche was just telling me the other day that he went through FOUR sets of tires within a year.
it might be required if they dont know this way to do it or if its that bad, I gues, right?
I don't think mine is that bad
when I had the struts put in 2 years ago they said that it wasnt off by that much if I remember correctly

SkylineG1
04-26-2005, 09:27 PM
So if I drop my G 2" front and 1.75" in the back will I need a camber kit if I'm on 17" rims?

Los
04-26-2005, 09:45 PM
I bought most of the peices, I'm missing one bolt and some washers, I'm probably doing it this weekend.

SkylineG1
04-26-2005, 10:29 PM
Just found this on ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...ssPageName=WDVW ('http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33581&item=7970860007&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW')
Hope it helps.

Jet Black
04-26-2005, 10:35 PM
Just found this on ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...ssPageName=WDVW ('http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33581&item=7970860007&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW')
Hope it helps.

Helps a lot in a thread about homemade camber kits... :roll:

Another thing, no one can tell you if you need a camber kit. After you drop it, take it in for alignement and let them tell you if you should have one or not.

Danger DANJ
04-26-2005, 11:04 PM
All of you guys doing the home made camber kit, should make sure you get bolts that are 10.9 hardened steel. If you get anything less, there is a chance the bolts could shear off.

For those wondering, you want the same amount of washers on every bolt... 8 in total.

mrjaydeeone
04-26-2005, 11:23 PM
Just found this on ebay.
Hope it helps.

Another thing, no one can tell you if you need a camber kit. After you drop it, take it in for alignement and let them tell you if you should have one or not.

okay I understand that
so when I got my car aligned 2 years ago I was told I was cool and within the limits where I should be
and a few weeks ago when I had my wheels put back on I was told by someone just eyeing it that I need a camber kit
so then maybe my alignments just off and that's what caused my tires to wear weird in the back?
whatelse could it be? if the camber is good and a kit isn't needed according to the alignment
I have a friend with a evo and he was telling me that he can do an alignment in his driveway with just a ruler on any car. I wanna talk to him and see what thats all about

Jet Black
04-26-2005, 11:43 PM
Just found this on ebay.
Hope it helps.

okay I understand that
so when I got my car aligned 2 years ago I was told I was cool and within the limits where I should be
and a few weeks ago when I had my wheels put back on I was told by someone just eyeing it that I need a camber kit
so then maybe my alignments just off and that's what caused my tires to wear weird in the back?
whatelse could it be? if the camber is good and a kit isn't needed according to the alignment
I have a friend with a evo and he was telling me that he can do an alignment in his driveway with just a ruler on any car. I wanna talk to him and see what thats all about

Well there are other considerations such as toe, and caster. Though I do believe that any amount of camber will eventually eat away your tires. The time it takes before you notice your tires are gone is directly proportional to the amount of camber.

In the end its really just up to the person. Some negative camber is good for handling as it allows the rear tires more grip (less chance of breaking traction in the rear). I don't know about other people with 0* camber, but when I go ripping up the mountain roads, negative rear camber is quite neccicary. The last thing I need is my ass to break traction, and half the car hanging over the cliff (ie my avatar says it all).

For those wondering, you want the same amount of washers on every bolt... 8 in total.

Good point about the steel qualitiy. I'm going to update the original post.

HeadAche
04-29-2005, 07:40 PM
Okay, damn it i tried it and for the life of me i could get the bolts to thread for anything. I even Pm'd Danj about the size bolts he was using on his camber kit and they were the same but mine wont thread for anything. I mean getting the bolts off was pretty easy and I was like finally something easy enough to do, but as soon as i tried to thread the new longer bolts in, nothing, they just spun as if they were bigger than the holds. So I started to use my ratchet on it, but decided against it just incase they threaded and then they didnt go all the way in, and my stock bolts would go in. I may try it again later on next week, but who knows.. If anyone else has had luck with this, let me know, cuz im racking my brain as to why this doesnt work...

Jet Black
04-29-2005, 07:54 PM
Okay, damn it i tried it and for the life of me i could get the bolts to thread for anything. I even Pm'd Danj about the size bolts he was using on his camber kit and they were the same but mine wont thread for anything. I mean getting the bolts off was pretty easy and I was like finally something easy enough to do, but as soon as i tried to thread the new longer bolts in, nothing, they just spun as if they were bigger than the holds. So I started to use my ratchet on it, but decided against it just incase they threaded and then they didnt go all the way in, and my stock bolts would go in. I may try it again later on next week, but who knows.. If anyone else has had luck with this, let me know, cuz im racking my brain as to why this doesnt work...

You know I was at home depot the other day and I noticed something that I havn't noticed before: the threads on the bolts actually differ from one to another. I mean the space between each thread varies by quite a bit depending on what bolt you get.

Maybe this is your problem? You should compare the stockers to the new ones to make sure the threads atleast look alike.

HeadAche
04-30-2005, 06:46 AM

You know I was at home depot the other day and I noticed something that I havn't noticed before: the threads on the bolts actually differ from one to another. I mean the space between each thread varies by quite a bit depending on what bolt you get.

Maybe this is your problem? You should compare the stockers to the new ones to make sure the threads atleast look alike.

Bro i did that, I went to Lowes first since it was the closest to my house and all they had were, 10x1.50 which is to big. I went to homedepot and they dont sell metric sizes ( well the one by me doesnt at least ), so i went to Ace hardwear instead, and found the sizes that are supposed to work, but those still didnt fit. I was on 3g yesterday and noticed that the guy who did it, actually only used a 30-35m bolt instead of the 40, so im going to try a shorter bolt and see if that works better for me.

Skillz911
05-01-2005, 01:01 AM
Yeah I am frequently on tgc and AIM but as you can see
I just do alot of reading I honestly dont post much. If any of
you guys have any questions for me feel free to ask here, or
hit me up on AIM skillz911om ...my home depot kit is still
working out great, even with me switching to the tein basic coilover kit.

mike969mb
05-01-2005, 01:13 AM

but also if my camber was perfect when I 1st lowered my car with the progress springs and I had stock struts I woulda rubbed in the rear, as my car tucked perfectly with the camber off as it is'

that sounds like me, could it be my camber is off? except i'm not dropped at all but am on 18's.

HeadAche
05-01-2005, 07:11 AM
Yeah I am frequently on tgc and AIM but as you can see
I just do alot of reading I honestly dont post much. If any of
you guys have any questions for me feel free to ask here, or
hit me up on AIM skillz911om ...my home depot kit is still
working out great, even with me switching to the tein basic coilover kit.

what bolt length did you use, the 40m or the 30-35? Did you use the lock washers or the flat washers? How man of the washers did you use, because im thinking about 3-4 should do it for me at least. YOu know i got questions because after racking my brain as to why this doesnt work is bothering me, and im not trying to buy another set of times at the end of summer again.

Skillz911
05-01-2005, 10:00 AM
Hey Headache I remember talking to you on AIM yesterday about your integra lip..but anyway.

I used 40mm bolts , flat washers and I used 5 washers which
shaved off -1 degree.

-Also make sure the bolts you get are 40mm 10Mx1.25 bolts-

HeadAche
05-01-2005, 12:06 PM
Damn it, those are the bolts I bought and they didnt want to thread for nothing.. I guess what i will do is when i go back to ace hardware have someone hand them to me and check to see if those are the same ones that i bought before..

Kalamidad
07-07-2005, 03:09 PM
Should this correction be made without rolling your fenders?

I ask because i'm looking to correct my chamber this weekend and i haven't been able to roll mine. I'm afraid that correcting the chamber without rolling the fenders with shred my tires.

obxguy2000
07-07-2005, 03:27 PM
I have 18" falken torque 5s with a 40 series tire, dropped 1.5" in the rear, and camber has been corrected. Fenders are not rolled. As you look at them, it looks like they are going to scrub but they do not at all. As the rear end goes down, the tires tuck. I have even rode 2 -200+ lb guys in the rear to make sure.

Kalamidad
08-31-2005, 05:09 PM
I dun did it!!!!

what bolt length did you use, the 40m or the 30-35? Did you use the lock washers or the flat washers? How man of the washers did you use, because im thinking about 3-4 should do it for me at least. YOu know i got questions because after racking my brain as to why this doesnt work is bothering me, and im not trying to buy another set of times at the end of summer again.

i used 40mm x m10 (1.25), However, i could only get my hands on 7 of them so i used 1 30mm, ten mm shorter but still worked just fine. I still recommend using 40mm though.

I used one lock per bolt
I used 4 washers per bolt (3 could do it if you have a slight drop.)

while the car was still jacked up the wheel seems to have a slight negative camber on it /, but they straightened themselves out when the car hit the ground.

Thank you to all who contributed---TGC at it's best.

mrjaydeeone
08-31-2005, 05:20 PM
I dun did it!!!!

i used 40mm x m10 (1.25), However, i could only get my hands on 7 of them so i used 1 30mm, ten mm shorter but still worked just fine. I still recommend using 40mm though.

I used one lock per bolt

while the car was still jacked up the wheel seems to have a slight negative camber on it /, but they straightened themselves out when the car hit the ground.

Thank you to all who contributed---TGC at it's best.

Nice job Pedro. I might do this at some point also, ya think you can lend a hand? And how'd ya determine how many washers ya needed?

BGR
08-31-2005, 05:47 PM
I'm not sure why a camber kit is necessary or why you have to buy anything to adjust the camber when you get your alignment done. When I first got my Galant lowered (2001), 3 wheels were sitting at 0.0 and the rear passenger side was at -3. This messed up the tire after a while if it wasn't rotated. Not sure why the shop didn't help me out in this instance because I had it aligned a few months ago at Big O Tires and they set the rear driver's side to -3 to match the right side. They didn't charge me anything besides the cost of alignment. Now the wheel tucks under without rubbing. Previously, I blew a tire and broke a rim when it was at 0.0

Kalamidad
08-31-2005, 06:25 PM
Nice job Pedro. I might do this at some point also, ya think you can lend a hand? And how'd ya determine how many washers ya needed?

Sure Jason.

BGR, the problem is premature and uneven wear on the tires. My Z rated tires lasted me less than 20,000 miles before looking like slicks.

mrjaydeeone
08-31-2005, 06:39 PM
yeah Rich same here my back right tire wore pretty bad on the inside and really dont want to have to pay another200 bucks for a tire that has hardly anyother wear

Danger DANJ
08-31-2005, 07:07 PM
I'm not sure why a camber kit is necessary or why you have to buy anything to adjust the camber when you get your alignment done. When I first got my Galant lowered (2001), 3 wheels were sitting at 0.0 and the rear passenger side was at -3. This messed up the tire after a while if it wasn't rotated. Not sure why the shop didn't help me out in this instance because I had it aligned a few months ago at Big O Tires and they set the rear driver's side to -3 to match the right side. They didn't charge me anything besides the cost of alignment. Now the wheel tucks under without rubbing. Previously, I blew a tire and broke a rim when it was at 0.0
That's just odd. You can't change the rear camber on our cars without some kind of kit. I have no idea how they could have went from 0 to -3. It doesn't seem possible. I would rather have the shop set the other side to 0. -2 degrees camber is enough to chew up the tire, so -3 has really got to do some damage.

BGR
09-02-2005, 01:25 AM
I made a mistake, they correct both sides to -2.5 in the back, so I'm not sure what they did, added, or what but I know I don't bottom out in the back anymore. I could ask them to find out what they did. All I know is that this Big-O tires specializes in lowered cars and out of sheer coincidence, I stopped by them to fix the wobbling I had when I came back from L.A. a few months back (it was a bad axel). So, I had them fix the axel and give me a alignment since I just put on another set of new wheels.

BGR
09-02-2005, 01:44 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kalamidad)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mrjaydeeone)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Nice job Pedro. Â*I might do this at some point also, ya think you can lend a hand? Â*And how'd ya determine how many washers ya needed?</div>

Sure Jason.

BGR, the problem is premature and uneven wear on the tires. My Z rated tires lasted me less than 20,000 miles before looking like slicks.</div>

When I first got the alignment (2001) the alignment shop told me I would have uneven wear on the rear (-3 side) if I didn't rotate regularly. Now that both are -2.5 in the back, I shouldn't have this type of problem anymore, uneven tire where on one tire.

Jason, shit, I had just bought new tires when I hit some object in the fast lane, pushing the wheel and tire into the fenderwell causing the tire to pop and ruined one wheel. I new I was going to have a problem one day as that side always made a rubbing noise when I hit a dip in the road. So not only did I have to buy another new tire (only $90, Wanli 225/40's, they're great, just like Yokohamas) but I had to buy a new set of wheels because those Velox wheels I had were no longer available. It was time for a replacement anyhow.

Skillz911
09-02-2005, 07:03 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mrjaydeeone)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kalamidad)</div><div class='quotemain'>I dun did it!!!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HeadAche)</div><div class='quotemain'>
what bolt length did you use, the 40m or the 30-35? Did you use the lock washers or the flat washers? How man of the washers did you use, because im thinking about 3-4 should do it for me at least. YOu know i got questions because after racking my brain as to why this doesnt work is bothering me, and im not trying to buy another set of times at the end of summer again.</div>

I used one lock per bolt

Thank you to all who contributed---TGC at it's best.</div>

Nice job Pedro. I might do this at some point also, ya think you can lend a hand? And how'd ya determine how many washers ya needed?</div>

It depends what your camber is at thats how you determine how many washer you need. 5 washers will take off -1 degree.

mrjaydeeone
09-02-2005, 11:40 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BGR)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kalamidad)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mrjaydeeone)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Nice job Pedro. Â*I might do this at some point also, ya think you can lend a hand? Â*And how'd ya determine how many washers ya needed?</div>

Sure Jason.

BGR, the problem is premature and uneven wear on the tires. My Z rated tires lasted me less than 20,000 miles before looking like slicks.</div>

When I first got the alignment (2001) the alignment shop told me I would have uneven wear on the rear (-3 side) if I didn't rotate regularly. Now that both are -2.5 in the back, I shouldn't have this type of problem anymore, uneven tire where on one tire.

Jason, shit, I had just bought new tires when I hit some object in the fast lane, pushing the wheel and tire into the fenderwell causing the tire to pop and ruined one wheel. I new I was going to have a problem one day as that side always made a rubbing noise when I hit a dip in the road. So not only did I have to buy another new tire (only $90, Wanli 225/40's, they're great, just like Yokohamas) but I had to buy a new set of wheels because those Velox wheels I had were no longer available. It was time for a replacement anyhow.</div>
yeah I think we got the same tires. The Parada Spec II. And last year I blew out 1 tire 1 Friday, got it replaced on the Monday. Then that Friday, poped the new tire and cracked the wheels it was on. F'n Roads.
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Skillz911)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mrjaydeeone)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kalamidad)</div><div class='quotemain'>I dun did it!!!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HeadAche)</div><div class='quotemain'>
what bolt length did you use, the 40m or the 30-35? Did you use the lock washers or the flat washers? How man of the washers did you use, because im thinking about 3-4 should do it for me at least. YOu know i got questions because after racking my brain as to why this doesnt work is bothering me, and im not trying to buy another set of times at the end of summer again.</div>

I used one lock per bolt

Thank you to all who contributed---TGC at it's best.</div>

Nice job Pedro. I might do this at some point also, ya think you can lend a hand? And how'd ya determine how many washers ya needed?</div>

It depends what your camber is at thats how you determine how many washer you need. 5 washers will take off -1 degree.</div>
so then I gotta get myself an alignment first.?

Kalamidad
09-02-2005, 06:14 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mrjaydeeone)</div><div class='quotemain'>

so then I gotta get myself an alignment first.?</div>

It is recommended. I just happened to eye it and followed my gut. i was initially going to do 5 washers but changed to 4 when i started because i was afraid 5 would be too much.

mrjaydeeone
09-02-2005, 06:20 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kalamidad)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mrjaydeeone)</div><div class='quotemain'>

so then I gotta get myself an alignment first.?</div>

It is recommended. I just happened to eye it and followed my gut. i was initially going to do 5 washers but changed to 4 when i started because i was afraid 5 would be too much.</div>

ah I see I see

BGR
09-02-2005, 11:00 PM
No, not the Parada II; I got rid of those years ago. Hated them, plus they wore out really quick.

I'm talking about these:
Yokohama
http://eurotuner.com/techarticles/0411et_tires_28_s.jpg
Wanli S-1099
http://www.schwarzwaldreifen.de/wanli_s1099.jpg
Wanli Tires was actually sued by Yokohama for biting. Since being sued, they replaced the S-1099's with S-1088's
http://www.netzreifen.de/nrshop/out/oxbaseshop/html/0/dyn_images/1/wanli_s1088_gross_p1.jpg
These are great tires for $90. Who care's that they are Wanli? For road tires, they can't be beat, not even by Kuhmo.

BGR
09-02-2005, 11:10 PM
My bad. I didn't realize this was in the tutorial section.

Serstylz2
05-07-2006, 04:48 PM
im gonna have to get a camber kit after this drive back to NY, my tires are worn bad on the back.. is it holding up for everyone?

monkeyman
05-07-2006, 09:20 PM
i just had my alignment done after tein stechs. and the guy at big o set the rear between -1.5 and -.8 because he said thats what the factory specs are supposed to be. also he said that even tho i lowered it, the factory setting still apply. not sure how that works, doesnt make sense to me but he said that they warrantee the alignment so if he was wrong and it fucks my tires, at least its their buck to fix it. anybody know if the guy knew what he was talking about?

mrjaydeeone
09-02-2006, 05:29 PM
picked up everything this morning to have this done with an alignment on Tuesday. 5 bucks my butt https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif cost like 50 bucks for everything to do 2 cars. Cost more than 15 bucks just for the bolts needed https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

G-spot
10-21-2006, 03:46 PM
stuff is awesome

lnkn52
06-28-2007, 09:46 AM
well i did a camber adjustment with the ingalls camber kit...and now i beleive i put too many washers cause the outside of my tires are scrapping....or maybe my rear sstruts are gone (stock) cause everytime i hit a bump a loud thud is heard in the back

SkylineG1
06-28-2007, 09:33 PM
well i did a camber adjustment with the ingalls camber kit...and now i beleive i put too many washers cause the outside of my tires are scrapping....or maybe my rear sstruts are gone (stock) cause everytime i hit a bump a loud thud is heard in the back

are you on stock struts?

AVERAGE
06-29-2007, 03:13 AM
Guys, I have not been able to find the bolts at Hoee Depot. Does anyone have reference numbers for the bolts@ HD?

lnkn52
06-29-2007, 05:22 AM

are you on stock struts?

yeah i am...thats why i think my problem is that they are blown...im saving up to buy some kybs

AVERAGE
09-16-2007, 06:37 PM
Since i couldnt find the bolts that I needed. I decided to take a trip to Fastenal. 12 bucks for everything and 2 hours or so of my time.

Jeffylou87
02-05-2010, 03:06 PM
www.clipdandfasteners.com 12.93 shipped to me.

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i59/jeffylou87/TGC/photo-2.jpg

beam514
02-05-2010, 06:14 PM
dang I payed alot more for the bolts and had to drive to two separate Do-It-Centers haha

greddy
03-03-2010, 01:30 PM
Hey guys, bumping an old thread, I'm gonna be doing this soon because I want to experiment with how much camber each added washer gives/takes away, what size bolts are you using exactly?

beam514
03-03-2010, 06:20 PM
I'm pretty sure I used 40mm long M10x1.25

Jeffylou87
03-03-2010, 06:50 PM
Yup? The same bolts in the picture I posted..

CIENFUEGO1
04-16-2010, 11:18 AM
This thread is pretty old but sience I recently droped her I was wondering do you guys think there is a max number of washers I shouldn't pass. I took her yesterday for an alignment and told the guy this method of fixing the camber and he told me he doesn't recomend it cause I could break the arm. Then he said he would do it for 120 bucks. What a dick... Has anyone had any issues wit this? I'm probably going to do it this weekend

Sphinx
05-26-2010, 02:20 PM
Just read this from top to bottom and found everything I need. Hell! Even a link to a parts place that will ship exactly what one would need to get it done, Thanks!
Im putting on some new KYB GR2 and springs for ~1.7" drop (drop isn't my primary goal, OEM performance and replacing old parts is my goal). Ill report what the shop says my camber is after the fact and more if I do the $12.95 camber kit .... shipped!

Sphinx

03silver8g
07-29-2010, 10:24 PM
guys i dont get what camber is and everything. i am on stock struts and i am going to install some meagan 2 inch drop springs soon. I know i will need an alignment but wouldnt that make everything good camber wise??? i am wanting to do my drop this week. help me out. thanks

beam514
07-29-2010, 10:31 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camber_angle

first sentence gives a nice, brief definition

03silver8g
08-01-2010, 01:22 PM
i just need those bolts and washers and replace the stock bolts and put washers in?? is that how easy it is?

03-Galant-ES
09-07-2010, 01:55 AM
I know the stock specs are a little negative on rear camber, I am debating on how much I want to correct. Both of my rears are -2.3 degrees off. How far did you guys adjust. I think I want to bring the rears to -1.1 but anything beyond that is just too much stress on the components in my opinion. 6 washers with the 10.9 bolts is what I am proposing. Anyone done this or above this without any issues?

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a139/weirdo1808/dec7ab76.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a139/weirdo1808/ef63f3fb.jpg

Also besides the rear camber issues can all the other issues out of spec be adjusted with a normal alignment?

Cali
09-07-2010, 11:31 AM
as long as your adjustment isn't maxed out you should be fine.

P'NOYcaL
03-14-2011, 08:30 PM
after reading this thread no one did actually mention on what specific washer to use except mentioning flat washer. Does that mean any flat washer will work?

Also, any input on what is a normal alignment range? numbers will help

sorry for the old thread revival, im getting my drop this summer. open for any suggestions/opinions.

thanks
ron

beam514
03-14-2011, 08:45 PM
flat washer of the same size/specified size for the bolt. Also just an FYI, when I installed mine, it was pretty hard to keep the washers lined up while inserting the bolt to get it threaded into the chassis. I ended up just gluing 5 washers together.. though of course this makes them not "adjustable". I guess you could just buy more washers lol. Or wrap the outer diameters in tape so it'll hold temporarily while you insert the bolt.

SNWFLK
07-18-2014, 05:53 PM
Hate to bring this back from the dead but I'm needing a little help when it comes to the kit. If I order what's posted for $12, I still need washers. Anyone currently running this setup and if so PM me plz

SNWFLK
07-25-2014, 03:42 PM
Ttt

beam514
07-26-2014, 02:30 PM
What is your question?

SNWFLK
07-26-2014, 09:52 PM
I'm trying to run the same setup, if needed. I plan on lowering the rear an inch and a half and front 2. Trying to find out what's held up for people doing this.

beam514
08-04-2014, 11:58 PM
I still don't understand your question? What exactly do you need to know? I used the "Home Depot Kit" when I was lowered on KYB AGX + Progress Springs, which I think is around the same drop as you're shooting for. I also still run the same setup with my coilovers now, and sit much lower. I used the same amount of washers and the rear camber is still within stock spec. Hope that helps.

SNWFLK
08-05-2014, 10:52 AM
I still don't understand your question? What exactly do you need to know? I used the "Home Depot Kit" when I was lowered on KYB AGX + Progress Springs, which I think is around the same drop as you're shooting for. I also still run the same setup with my coilovers now, and sit much lower. I used the same amount of washers and the rear camber is still within stock spec. Hope that helps.

I'm just looking to see how it's held up for people over time, and what grade of bolts or washers did you use? Can they be found literally at Home Depot? I

Galantman03
08-05-2014, 12:56 PM
Yeah man grade 10 bolts in metric can be found anywhere. Just get stainless if your worried rust or have them coated in the zinc mixture to match oem bolts. Or get oem bolts and washers that are longer.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

beam514
08-05-2014, 10:46 PM
I used grade 10.9 bolts. Home Depot typically had a max grade of 8.8, so I wouldn't go there. I have had good luck with smaller mom-and-pop hardware shops, they tend to have a better selection of hardware.

I would also stay away from stainless hardware. Stainless steel bolts are considerably weaker than grade 10.9 bolts.