PDA

View Full Version : S-afc w/ Air Fuel Gauge

VegasMatt
10-09-2002, 02:11 PM
I will be running a S-AFC and was wondering if I should go ahead and get an A/F Gauge. Would I need the gauge to tell if I am running lean/rich, or would the AFC tell me?

Thanks.
Matt

Fishboy55
10-09-2002, 02:21 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VegasMatt)</div><div class='quotemain'>I will be running a S-AFC and was wondering if I should go ahead and get an A/F Gauge. Â*Would I need the gauge to tell if I am running lean/rich, or would the AFC tell me?

Thanks.
Matt</div>
If you're planning on leaving the AFC hooked up all the time, Matt that's all you'll need. If you're just going to use it for tuning, then unplug it, you can get an A/F meter, but keep in mind it will only be accurate at WOT.

Chip

VegasMatt
10-09-2002, 02:31 PM
I am going to leave it in. I am going to install it in the lower din with a plastic cover over it.

Thanks Chip!

Matt

SuperchargedGTZ
10-09-2002, 03:44 PM
actually you arent supposed to unplug it, unless you plan on losing its tuning features.

once the afc is tuned properly you shouldnt mess with it. but like fishboy said, the a/f gauge will really only work at WOT. it will bounce back and forth from lean to rich during regular driving.

cdaw2001ES
10-09-2002, 10:01 PM
It's not that the meter is not acurate when not at wot, It is infact accurate through the entire range, It's just not usefull. Becuase the car is really flopping back and froth between Rich and lean constantly. Kind of a retro active fuel system. Nothing you can do about that, unless you get a 100% static mapping computer.

HeadAche
10-09-2002, 10:32 PM
Okay i think we are all agree that one, u cant uplug ur afc.. It has to be solder to the ECU, well thats how i did mine anywayz.. And for the most part the S-AFC is completely accurate if u have ever used one, u have the ability to set the amount of air depending on how much fuel u are burning in positive percentages and negative percentages. With mine i had to set it at -13% to air because i had to burn up so much fuel with the zex system.. In ur case bro u could prolly run at about negative 3-6% air to fuel, because u want to compensate for the amount of air fuel from intake. through the TB and out from the headers to the exhaust.. What u may wanna do if u can find a shop that will do professional tunning they will do it for u, i have mine done for about $180per/hr twice a month for about 2hrs a visit. hope this helps some..