PDA

View Full Version : Question about silver galants...

stephen7983
10-09-2002, 06:27 PM
Okay.. this might just be me or something, but sometimes I see silver galants of a different shade of color, like it looks kinda of light blue or faded silver. In other words i've seen two different silvers on galants. Is this because the paint was actually silver, and over time the main coating started to fade out turning more into light blue? or does this difference in color shade vary upon the year model of the galant? (ex. 99 models had a different shade from 00 models) .... well I hope you get the idea.. I need to know what the deal is... im afraid is paint issue because the faded silver looks cheap compared to the real silver.

10-09-2002, 06:31 PM
To me all silvers on the Galant are alike or the same... only though a newer galant may have a brighter silver...

pinoyesv6
10-09-2002, 06:54 PM
its probably cuz of the paint. uhm the paint for the galant all isn't mixed @ the same time. its mixed when needed so one batch will be slightly different from another batch. sometimes it isn't noticable but sometimes it is. also, the metallic finish makes it even harder to match colors...

TJC
10-09-2002, 07:00 PM
Reelax's silver is bluish. He told me the early silver Galants where a different kind of silver and it's with a blue tint. My new Sterling Silver is a lot brighter but his silver has a nice bluish tint.

pinoyesv6
10-09-2002, 07:07 PM
did some research. the 99's were a differenet shade...and i looked up the paint code and yea it is a little bluish...my GTi is the same color as the 99's

BGR
10-09-2002, 07:08 PM
How many cars do you have, Allen?

pinoyesv6
10-09-2002, 07:13 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BGR)</div><div class='quotemain'>How many cars do you have, Allen?</div>

the family has 5...well excluding my poor poor galant make that 4. mom has the 91 explorer...dad pimpin in the 99 tahoe, the 99 eclipse, and me and my bro share the 02 GTi...dammit i want my own car again...

Auto-9
10-09-2002, 07:19 PM
Mine had a bit of the blue/purple hue at first but I think it's pretty much gone now...

Smokin
10-09-2002, 07:26 PM
i have a 99 silver galant but mines dont look bluish, it look more gray than blue but it doesnt look like the paint is fading it looks good.

stephen7983
10-09-2002, 08:45 PM
Yea that's what I thought.. the earlier models have a different shade.. thanks alot guys for your input. At least I know is not the paint fading off lol

BGR
10-09-2002, 10:59 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PinoyESV6)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BGR)</div><div class='quotemain'>How many cars do you have, Allen?</div>

the family has 5...well excluding my poor poor galant make that 4. mom has the 91 explorer...dad pimpin in the 99 tahoe, the 99 eclipse, and me and my bro share the 02 GTi...dammit i want my own car again...</div>

thanks. Reason I asked is that I though you had a Montero, too. It wasn't Astig, I remember you were saying something about a SUV of yours (not a Tahoe).

pinoyesv6
10-09-2002, 11:13 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BGR)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PinoyESV6)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BGR)</div><div class='quotemain'>How many cars do you have, Allen?</div>

the family has 5...well excluding my poor poor galant make that 4. mom has the 91 explorer...dad pimpin in the 99 tahoe, the 99 eclipse, and me and my bro share the 02 GTi...dammit i want my own car again...</div>

thanks. Reason I asked is that I though you had a Montero, too. It wasn't Astig, I remember you were saying something about a SUV of yours (not a Tahoe).</div>

i was considering getting a montero to replace my galant...but now im considering if i should just have a galant with a salvaged title sitting in my garage just sitting there...doing nothing...just so i can have MY CAR instead of its replacement

Mgalant99
10-10-2002, 12:40 PM
My galant is silver, but when I got the paint for my bodykit, they took a laser imaging machine over it and it came up as metallic silver with blue in it.

Censee
10-10-2002, 12:45 PM
i had a 99 galant before and now i gots my 02,and the paint is definately diferent.they were both silver,but the 99 is more greyish-blue with no sparkle to the paint.the new 02 has a metallic finaish to it with hardly ,if not any hint of blue.and it brings like sparkly gloss to the finish.after the 99 got old the paint started turning more blue than silver.

TJC
10-10-2002, 12:45 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mgalant99)</div><div class='quotemain'>My galant is silver, but when I got the paint for my bodykit, they took a laser imaging machine over it and it came up as metallic silver with blue in it.</div>
:puzzled1:

Reelax
10-10-2002, 01:39 PM
guys. the '99 models had a different silver than the '00+. the '99 silver is the same color on the '97-'99 eclipse. it has a blueish purple tint. that's why i decided on my blue / silver color scheme.

here's a pic of my '99 and galantesp's '00 back in the day. mine's on the right

http://www.raniworld.com/raaa/9900.jpg

mrjaydeeone
10-10-2002, 03:24 PM
my silver looks silver....but a few days ago i saw a diff shade of silver

BBGalant
10-10-2002, 05:44 PM
I have a 99 and I know that it is bluish. So I think we have come to the conclusion that the 99 Galants were a bluish silver, and the 2000+ were metallic silver.

stephen7983
10-11-2002, 06:03 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Reelax)</div><div class='quotemain'>guys. Â*the '99 models had a different silver than the '00+. Â*the '99 silver is the same color on the '97-'99 eclipse. Â*it has a blueish purple tint. that's why i decided on my blue / silver color scheme.

here's a pic of my '99 and galantesp's '00 back in the day. Â*mine's on the right

http://www.raniworld.com/raaa/9900.jpg</div>

Yea big difference there in that pic... for a moment I thought I was the only one that noticed the different silver shades..

vbquad
10-12-2002, 02:51 AM
I have a 99 es v6.The pant is called Minden Silver Pearl!!

After that year they changed to a Sterling Silver Metallic.

That is they you see it different. I love my paint. Its better then the metallic, i think.I dont know what they have now on the galant.

wmaharrisjr
10-13-2002, 12:55 AM
hey pinoy what's that paint code i plan to order my spoiler soon

mrjaydeeone
10-13-2002, 01:28 PM
my 98 was minden silver...it had a purplish bluish tint to it