PDA

View Full Version : Best Handling Tires

Galant_00
05-04-2005, 03:42 AM
I'm upgrading my suspension with some KYB AGX shocks and Tein S tech springs. I had Dropzone Lowering Springs on stock struts so my tires are pretty worn out. I was wondering what are some good tires to get in terms of handling, such as cornering and going to the track. Thanks

Reelax
05-04-2005, 05:54 AM
umm track is totally different from street. i don't recommecd you use the same tire for both unless money is not an option. how much did you wanna spend anyways?

ChikagoGTZ
05-04-2005, 06:07 AM
If you wanna have amazing track handling, on a streetable tire (by streetable I mean, it's ok to drive a few miles on the street with em) get some Azenis Sport tires. www.vulcantire.com will get you the best price on them.

sabzi5858
05-04-2005, 09:26 AM
i got some bfgoodrich g-force kdw 2, they are pretty nice for the street. you can look at the reviews on tirerack.com. supposed to be quite good in the rain as well, and so far they've been nice to me even though they aren't broken in yet.

Danger DANJ
05-04-2005, 12:02 PM
I'm still pimping the Yokohama Parada spec 2 tires. I may be needing new tires by the end of the summer and I might just get the same ones again. Nice grip and good in the rain... decent treadwear too. Not sure how they fair on a track though.

DryBear
05-04-2005, 12:16 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sabzi5858)</div><div class='quotemain'>i got some bfgoodrich g-force kdw 2, they are pretty nice for the street. Â*you can look at the reviews on tirerack.com. Â*supposed to be quite good in the rain as well, and so far they've been nice to me even though they aren't broken in yet.</div>

I'm running those as well, and they grip pretty good - not too bad in wet weather either. They do get a bit squirrely on grooved pavement, though.

bradley1997
05-04-2005, 12:47 PM
I absolutely love my Toyo Proxes.

mrjaydeeone
05-04-2005, 01:06 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danger DANJ)</div><div class='quotemain'>I'm still pimping the Yokohama Parada spec 2 tires. I may be needing new tires by the end of the summer and I might just get the same ones again. Nice grip and good in the rain... decent treadwear too. Not sure how they fair on a track though.</div>

yup I am rocking the same as David and have to agree
well not about the needing new tires. I had 2 replaced courtesy of potholes and 1 replaced this year because of wear from a slight camber issue...so I am practically rolling with a new set

neel9
05-04-2005, 01:09 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mrjaydeeone)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danger DANJ)</div><div class='quotemain'>I'm still pimping the Yokohama Parada spec 2 tires. I may be needing new tires by the end of the summer and I might just get the same ones again. Nice grip and good in the rain... decent treadwear too. Not sure how they fair on a track though.</div>

well not about the needing new tires. I had 2 replaced courtesy of potholes and 1 replaced this year because of wear from a slight camber issue...so I am practically rolling with a new set</div>
didnt u just bent ur rims ??

peanotation
05-04-2005, 01:14 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bradley1997)</div><div class='quotemain'>I absolutely love my Toyo Proxes.</div>

WORD SON.

love my proxes T1-S, sidewall is too soft for me, but every other feature is awesome.

Galant_00
05-04-2005, 01:47 PM
Thanks for all of the replies. So I will go ahead and get some street tires, because for some reason I though a tire could be used for the track and the street. And come to think of it I probably won't be going to the track anyway. But thanks again for all the help https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

neel9
05-04-2005, 01:49 PM
I HAVE SOME FALKEN'S RIGHT NOW ZIEX Z512 BUT..IF I HAD TO GET NEW ONES.. DO I LOOK FOR SIDE WALL OR WHAT?

Darkkend
05-04-2005, 01:58 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(neel9)</div><div class='quotemain'>I HAVE SOME FALKEN'S RIGHT NOW ZIEX Z512 BUT..IF I HAD TO GET NEW ONES.. DO I LOOK FOR SIDE WALL OR WHAT?</div>

First if they offer it in the size you need https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif
But what ever satisfies your needs, if your needs are high speed, good dry weather handling, good wet weather and so on.
Then what compound is it made off which might help in handling but might wear faster.

Right now i have Bridgestone Fuzions ZR1, I like them good grip for when im driving fast, Firm sidewalls doesnt have a mushy feeling in the turns.

Theres a thread about what tires every one has, maybe you can look at that thread to get an idea what tire you want and then look it up. I think most TGCers have 'Toyo' 'Yokohama' 'Khumo' and bf's

Galant_00
05-04-2005, 02:42 PM
Ok after doing some searching I am going to go ahead with the Toyo Proxes T1-S. Thanks to everybody again for all your help.

ChikagoGTZ
05-04-2005, 07:55 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bradley1997)</div><div class='quotemain'>I absolutely love my Toyo Proxes.</div>

Yeah, I'm on the new Toyo Proxes 4 and they are great, wet or dry.

mrjaydeeone
05-04-2005, 08:24 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(neel9)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mrjaydeeone)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danger DANJ)</div><div class='quotemain'>I'm still pimping the Yokohama Parada spec 2 tires. I may be needing new tires by the end of the summer and I might just get the same ones again. Nice grip and good in the rain... decent treadwear too. Not sure how they fair on a track though.</div>

well not about the needing new tires. I had 2 replaced courtesy of potholes and 1 replaced this year because of wear from a slight camber issue...so I am practically rolling with a new set</div>
didnt u just bent ur rims ??</div>

no cracked it
but the tire was fine..it survived

sabzi5858
05-04-2005, 08:56 PM
you can run the same tires on the track and the street if you like, but really you won't run as good as you would with seperate tires (unless you run some crazy tires on the street). track use will also wear down your tires quite a bit, so it can be as expensive anyways.

Jet Black
05-04-2005, 09:00 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bradley1997)</div><div class='quotemain'>I absolutely love my Toyo Proxes.</div>

WORD SON.

love my proxes T1-S, sidewall is too soft for me, but every other feature is awesome.</div>

Including doing a burnout through the first 2 gears, and laying down an inch of rubber.

Soft tires ROCK! https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

Right now Im using Falcans in the front, and pos Khumos in the rear.

gtx
07-26-2005, 12:25 PM
I have a (maybe stupid) question.

I just moved into a state where I wont need all-season tires anymore. Also, it's time to replace 2 of my tires. Is it ok to replace only the two bad ones and run summer tires in front and all s. in the back, or should I do all of them at the same time?

Skillz911
07-27-2005, 08:06 AM
The Nitto Neo Gens are a good tire, they have nice grip also they are built for negative camber if your dropped. I previously owned these but I sold them already mounted on a set of wheels.

jacuZZi
07-27-2005, 10:30 AM
Falken Azenis.

ChikagoGTZ
07-27-2005, 10:45 AM
I have Azenis sports for AutoX, they are amazing, but LOUD on the street. I've got Toyo Proxes 4s on my 18s and they are very good, with a good tread ware and wet traction.

low sittin 8g
07-27-2005, 11:38 AM
im all about my Falken Azenis Rt's... they dont last long.. at all.. if money is a problem.. dont get these.. ive never had a tire handle as well as this one.. they're on my eclipse.. dood.. they grip like a mother

Danger DANJ
07-27-2005, 05:58 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gtx)</div><div class='quotemain'>I have a (maybe stupid) question.

I just moved into a state where I wont need all-season tires anymore. Also, it's time to replace 2 of my tires. Is it ok to replace only the two bad ones and run summer tires in front and Â*all s. in the back, or should I do all of them at the same time?</div>
Summer tires in the front and all seasons in the rear should not be a problem, but I'd try to replace them all, especially if the all seasons in the rear are starting to get worn down.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danger DANJ)</div><div class='quotemain'>I'm still pimping the Yokohama Parada spec 2 tires. I may be needing new tires by the end of the summer and I might just get the same ones again. Nice grip and good in the rain... decent treadwear too. Not sure how they fair on a track though.</div>
I did end up getting the same Yokohama Parada spec 2 tires again just a couple weeks ago, but I tried desperately to get the new Toyo T1R tires that just came out. My local tire shop tried every distributor he knows of from NY to Cali and nobody had the Toyo T1Rs in stock. I've heard really good things about them. I even waited a few days while the guy searched for them and couldn't drive my Galant since my old tires were not safe to drive on. I had just installed the RIPP headers too and wanted to test them out... so I ended up waiting about 2 weeks before I could drive my Galant again.