View Full Version : Weird Alarm problem

soundclash
05-07-2005, 04:59 PM
Hi all
firstly like to say great forum and site. Just found it while tracking down an answer to my problem with my Galant.
sorry to start of straight away with a Q? but was wondering if any of you guys could help:)

I have a Galant 2.0 GLS auto (UK) with a Mitsubishi Optimun HF2 alarm system on it and when i disarm it, the lights flash once (as they should) but then siren goes off every three seconds or so? It was stood idle for a while and had a dead battery. I put a new battery on the car but it seems to be being drained, was wondering if this is anything to do with the alarm and why its going off?? When the alarm is armed it behaves normally.Just when i disarm it.

Tried looking throught the archives here for an answer but no luck, so heres hoping guys

Cheers
Andy

j686m
05-13-2005, 07:30 PM
to see if it is the alarm draining it remove the fuse goin to the alarm, should be in the harness near the control module, likely on a red wire. if it stops draining its the alarm. as for your other problem i am not familiar with that alarm so i cant help you