PDA

View Full Version : How hard would it be to take out the headliner?

Sharky1116
05-08-2005, 12:44 PM
How hard would it be to take out the headliner and replace it because mine is so filthy and is falling in the back and iam really think that maybe this summer ill just redo the whole headliner.

Import_Beast
05-08-2005, 04:14 PM
not hard at all...just take off the visors, handles, the 6 clips (two in front behind pillers, two behind the seat bealt cover between doors, and two in the back behind the seat belt cover piller thing), theres about 5 plastic clips holding it on the end (by back glass), and the dome light

StreetDreams
05-08-2005, 06:43 PM
Removing the headliner is easy, like Import_Beast said, just a few screws and clips. The hardest part is getting it out of the car; you have to lay both front seats all the way back and slightly bend the headliner to fit it through one of the doors.

I have redone my headliner twice. Once with spray adhesive specially made for headliners; which only lasted about 6 months before it started sagging. And once with contact adhesive (recommened by an upholstery shop); the contact bled thru the fabric and stained it. I guess from removing the headliner so many times, it got bent and cracked so I just bought a new one from the dealer for $220.00. List price is around $280.00.

Sharky1116
05-14-2005, 07:47 PM
thanks for the info...