PDA

View Full Version : Need Help With Turn Signel/wiring... ,-(

IceDouTGaLanT
05-10-2005, 09:16 PM
hey guys im having a big problem with my galant.Heres the full story...Im installing my m3 mirrors Again...Now the wiring I got on point but something in the middle of it fucked my car up...Heres what happening, every I hit my hazard lights both front turn signals blink like they should now when I turn on the headlights or even parking lights on with the hazards my right turns don't blink they look like their struggling like a loose of power...I checked all the fuses inside the engine and in the car everything fines. i changed the bulbs in case that was it Now heres what i think it might be the right turn harness as been cut up pretty BAD so do u guys think that's why im having this problem? Okay and for some reason when I turn my headlights on or parking lights on im getting a GREEN Right Arrow which is constantly on my dash and it blinks fast when I hit the right turn signel..I got a video of it Below I hope some 1 can help me...PS. I check all local junk yards for the RIGHT turn Bulb socket wit the Wires but no luck, called Mitsubishi they want 440 for the WHOLE right side wiring harness they just don't sell that piece alone..So does anybody have this part? or can check their local junk yard if their going themselfs. thanks a lot guys
-Ron

pinoyesv6
05-10-2005, 09:19 PM
are you sure you didn't mix up the wires??

IceDouTGaLanT
05-10-2005, 09:23 PM
ya the leds got 2 wires taped 1 to a ground and the other to a 12V which my Fogs are hooked up to.. cuz my fogs turn on when i turn on my parkinlights.. so its hooked up right i thik its mostly the socket and the wire harness since its so cut up maybe its not drawin the full 12V but im not sure but then why the Green Turn signel appear on my cluster all the time now?...

PS-I dunno how to post videos anybody gota good site i can uplaod to?...

mrjaydeeone
05-10-2005, 09:26 PM
I had a problem when I tried to rewire my corners to make them brighter a few years ago and I had the constant turnsignal light on the dash also
I aborted and just bought new sockets that came with wire and installed the new ones and all was good
I know this doesnt help but wanted to share

IceDouTGaLanT
05-10-2005, 09:28 PM
ya?? where u get the socket with the wire from? you think you can cant another set? i thinks thats my problem

mrjaydeeone
05-10-2005, 09:30 PM
just an auto parts store
its not oem or anything like that
just a new socket
got it from PEPboys
if you want I will look around for a set when I am off tomorrow and you can paypal me and I will ship em to ya
I just dont remember what size bulbs the socket is for

pinoyesv6
05-10-2005, 10:11 PM
yea just go to the auto parts store and get an 1157 socket. its the same socket that people use when they add the extra bulb to jdm tails. those should work since i am using the sockets from the headlights on my jdm tails.

mrjaydeeone
05-10-2005, 10:12 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>yea just go to the auto parts store and get an 1157 socket. its the same socket that people use when they add the extra bulb to jdm tails. those should work since i am using the sockets from the headlights on my jdm tails.</div>

and just watch when you wire the new ones in that you connect them right
cause I already had mine cut off and it made it harder cause I dont have a tester or anything to make sure that I was hooking up the 3 wires right to the socket

IceDouTGaLanT
05-11-2005, 01:10 AM
ight thanks man ill go tommow and pick it up. and let u guys kno if i fwk up anymore haha.. thanks agian for the quick responces
-Ron

IceDouTGaLanT
05-11-2005, 05:20 PM
hey i went to pepboys today and got the 1157 socket but it dont look right at all and i have noooo clue on how to install it is this the right peice....

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y151/IcedoutGalant/SOCKET.jpg

pinoyesv6
05-11-2005, 08:38 PM
the socket looks like this

http://www.bigcee.com/1157/1157b.jpg

IceDouTGaLanT
05-14-2005, 12:04 PM
hey i looked for the one u post in 2 pepboys and 1 autozone but no luck i found this one....But it for Gm and its 1157 will it work? and i can seem to turn the bulb in place either

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y151/IcedoutGalant/socket2.jpg

mrjaydeeone
05-14-2005, 05:24 PM
I was wondering what happened with this.
when I had the problem like I said I replaced the sockets
I couldn't find them so Fishboy55 sent me a set like the metal ones you got
then someone around my way found me a set like that 2nd set you got

as far as them being GM that shouldn't matter it's just a matter of wiring it properly and getting the socket to fit and stay into it's location in the headlight
the ones I got like I said are similar to that GM set, if you want like I said I will look around my way and see if I can find anything and you can send me a paypal them if I can

IceDouTGaLanT
05-15-2005, 09:52 PM
thanks bro....but i jsut bought the OEM harness but thanks for willing to take your time out https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

mrjaydeeone
05-16-2005, 12:31 AM
thanks bro....but i jsut bought the OEM harness but thanks for willing to take your time out https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

no doubt