PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Question - 8 Speakers

errika
05-11-2005, 09:09 AM
Just Wondering - Sales guy said I had the 8 speakers i'm still trying to find the damn other 2...i found six but where are the other two?

Does anyone know I have the LS '04 Model.

Erika

Dominicano
05-11-2005, 09:12 AM
If you have the infinity system you should only have 7. two in the rear, two at the bottom front doors, the tweeters in the corner of your window and one in the center of that dash board. If you do not have the one in the center dash board then most like you only have 4.

errika
05-11-2005, 09:45 AM
ok i have two in the back two in the two doors then two tweeters thats six........i know i dont have one in the dash...so the fuckers lied....they said i had the inf. system.

where would the 8 be is had them?

erika

cardude03
05-11-2005, 11:38 AM
so you have a 9th Gen galant?

this is what i would assume....

2 tweeters
2 in the front doors
2 in the rear doors
2 in the rear deck

or
2 on the front dash
2 tweeters
2 in the front doors
2 in the rear doors

or
2 on the front dash
2 on the front doors
2 on the rear doors
2 on the rear deck

or
2 on the front dash
2 tweeters
2 on the front doors
2 on the rear deck

?

pinoyesv6
05-11-2005, 11:55 AM
maybe the people in the back get tweeters too??

jusmills
05-11-2005, 12:39 PM
take the car back to them and ask him to show you all 8 speakers...
That way you can settle it for sure...the only thing I can think is if the tweeter are mounted on the cone for the front and rear speakers...meaning 2 on the front door, 2 tweeters, 2 on the rear doors, 2 on the rear deck

Dominicano
05-11-2005, 12:56 PM
oh my bad i didn't even see that you have a 9G.

pinoyesv6
05-11-2005, 01:05 PM
the 9g ls for sure has 8 speakers. its even listed in mitsu's catalog. the location of the speakers on the other hand is unknown.

errika
05-12-2005, 09:29 AM
well i just finished dropping off my car at the dealership for its oil change and its official i have ONLY 6 speakers so im pissed as hell!! so im gonna find my sticker cuz i know it said i had 8 speakers!

so my other question does any know if its possible how i can get a listing of all the options i got on this car w/ just my vin number w/o going thru the dealership cuz they are such assholes?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Erika

2fat4ya
05-12-2005, 10:41 AM
Did you get the Diamond Package? If you did then you're suppose to have the 6-CD infinity audio system and it should have 8 speakers. If you did not get the Diamond Package then you are only suppose to have 6 speakers.

One way you can find out if you have the Diamond Package is if you have 16" aluminum alloy wheels. If you just have wheel cover on your steel wheel then you only have the base model of LS meaning no 8 speakers, just 6.

errika
05-12-2005, 10:44 AM
its very weird my car actually came w/ 18 inch chrome rims....

2fat4ya
05-12-2005, 10:47 AM
??? you bought it new or used? Well, do you have Steering Wheel-mounted Controls for the audio system?

errika
05-12-2005, 10:50 AM
i bought it brand new...it has steering wheel controls....

2fat4ya
05-12-2005, 10:53 AM
I guess you do have the Diamond Package.

This is whats included:

Diamond Package includes: 270-Watt Mitsubishi/Infinity® 6-CD Audio System with 8 Speakers and Steering Wheel-mounted Controls Plus In-glass Diversity Antenna; Titanium-finish Center Dash Pod with Integrated A/C and Audio Controls with Ice-Blue LED Illumination; Keyless Entry with Panic Alarm; 16-inch Multi-Spoke Machine-Finished Aluminum Alloy Wheels.

Did you try calling Mitsubishi Sales and ask them where all the speakers are located?

errika
05-12-2005, 11:03 AM
ya i did he said he was gonna call me back...cuz i think they dont even know!! fuckers!! hahahha so if they are missing they owe me two speakers thats all i know!

but thanks so much!!

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

erika

cardude03
05-12-2005, 12:08 PM
yeh, like someone above mentioned, it is possible that some of the speakers have the tweeters in the middle of the cone, so u only see one speaker, but its actually two. its possible i guess.

which ones could you find? locations

errika
05-12-2005, 12:12 PM
The following are the ones i found

2 tweeters
2 in the front doors
2 in the rear deck

So i have no idea where the other two are.

cardude03
05-12-2005, 12:13 PM
did you check for tweeters in the rear doors? i think my moms old passat had those. they might look sorta concealed or something

errika
05-12-2005, 12:17 PM
yup i checked the rear doors for any thing possible that looked like a speaker of any sort....hehehhe

PhatCat
06-08-2005, 04:25 PM
Hey guy. Im new to this forum but iI want to mention a couple of things. I own a 04 Galant LS w/Diamond Package and I asked the same question. I have gotten many different answers. One dealership told me that you have 2 front door, 2 rear dash, 2 front dash w/tweeters inside making it 8 speakers total. The dealership I bought my car from said the opposite, the tweeters were in the back dash speakers. I even called Mitsubishi in Cypress, CA to file a complaint. I have no problem suing over stupid shit like this. I have already sued Mitsubishi under CA Lemon Law. I had an 02 Galant ES at the time.

errika
06-08-2005, 04:32 PM
funny you say this..because my goodness my came out to be this big complaint....i finally did file a complaint ...because not only WAS i treated badly by the stupid SERVICE men in the mit dealership but they thought I didnt know what i was talking about ...i mean i've OWNED three generations of galants...I think i know a little about the damn car...but i did finally alot of research and yes its confirmed the 04 models...have only:

6 but the back two have the sub w/in so its considered two. So supposely I do have my 270 watts....even though I've already replaced two speakers for sounding shitty!!

Erika

PhatCat
06-08-2005, 04:45 PM
Where did you get this information from...And doesn't 8 speakers mean 8 speakers. I bet if people bitched hard enough they would have to change the literature on the Galant booklets.

unknown_owner
06-14-2005, 11:52 PM
I saw the service manual for the 9G and 8 speakers is a misprint. The service manual keeps referring to 7 speakers but only shows the 6. It never showed where the 7th speaker was.

PhatCat
06-15-2005, 10:54 AM
That is just down right stupid...okay folks, today or tomorrow i will go the mission to get some facts about this missing speaker. Since no one seems to know where it is...I will call this mission a quest.

invertedzero
06-15-2005, 12:58 PM
just to let you guys know there's another speaker behind the glove box

PhatCat
06-15-2005, 03:43 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE("invertedzero")</div><div class='quotemain'>just to let you guys know there's another speaker behind the glove box</div>

NO there isn't another speaker behing the glove box...that is just plain stupid..unless I for some reason I don't know how to read correctly. There might be an amp (according to some forums) but no speaker. Where the hell did you get that info...If I'm wrong then my bad, but please, do tell...

PhatCat
06-15-2005, 03:58 PM
Attention All 9G Galant Owners Who Have Questions About the mysterious "*8 Speakers":

I called into MITSU (Cypress, CA) and asked for the second, where the 8 speakers are located. I spoke to a lady there and it took about 30 minutes to get an answer back...The answer was:
There are 2 speakers in the front and they hare coaxial, which is condsider as two speaker. So according to MITSU, those two coaxial are really four. Then you have two in the front doors and then two more in the rear dash/deck. Grand total of 8 speakers. I also asked how did she knwo for sure and she said she was told by her supervisor. So, I asked for some proof, either a fax, a letter, a diagram, some part numbers pictures or any type of hard evidence they can show me ( taking my car apart was not and is not an option). After the 30 minutes of waiting on the phone, she came back and said she was going to contact the Enhgineering Department in charge of building the vehicle and was going to call MITSU TechLine (Corporate) and get me an answer soon. I have her name and direct number, and she said she will call me with that information...now...if you guys want to find the truth then we all must ask and ask until we get that answer and they change the way they advertise the "8 speaker system"...

Let me know if you guys are with me and i will post that information...If we keep asking ourselves questions we don't know the answer to, we will never the the proof we deserve. Besides, we might be on to something here, like maybe one hell of a class action demand!!! :D

errika
06-29-2005, 12:31 PM
im totally with you cuz i want my damn 8 speakers!!

erika https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif

03galantnga
06-12-2010, 02:09 AM
I have a 2010 SE I cant find the other speakers either but it says 8 online on the website. I wanna know the answer too

03galantnga
06-21-2010, 08:44 PM
http://www.rockfordacousticdesign.com/audio_systems/details_galant.asp here is the best answer I found

The Loudspeakers
The ultimate goal of Rockford loudspeaker engineering is to minimize distortion while generating high sound pressure levels. Rockford Acoustic Design systems utilize proprietary diaphragms, rigid composite frames and computer-optimized motor circuits to carefully balance the suspension components and drive components. This results in very predictable and linear loudspeakers, which are then inherently clear and accurate.
The loudspeaker system selected for the 2007 Galant Ralliart features the following components:

25 mm silk dome tweeters mounted in a point-source configuration on the leading surface of the dash to produce a natural multi-dimensional soundstage.
160 mm composite cone mid-woofers mounted forward in the front doors to minimize path-length differences.
50 mm tuned-cavity surrounds in the rear package tray.
A pair of 6"x 9" low frequency transducers mounted in infinite-baffle configuration in the rear package tray for optimum coupling with the vehicle cabin to render pure and natural extension.