PDA

View Full Version : Where can I get the JDM headlights?

Mitsufied
10-10-2002, 11:52 AM
Anyone knows where I can get the JDM headlights for the 7G.

I know that a few of you got them from MitsuPiet a few months ago, but I have not seen any posts from him recently...... I tried to contact him via email; but that did not work.

Please help.

Blue Ice
10-10-2002, 04:01 PM
<span style='color:blue'>I've had to deal with him on two occasions. The most recent was around the 20th of Sept. I also tried to contact several other companies that carry the DEPO headlight products, but none of them could get the j-spec headlights. A few of them asked me where or who i got them from, but i didn't give them any info. I didn't want to throw Mitsupiet under the bus. [email protected] This is the Email i have for mitsupiet. Good Luck, and yes, you will have to do some grinding to get the headlights to fit, or in my case a good Hacksaw.</span>

brandon
10-11-2002, 10:03 AM
Just to confirm, I remember someone saying that the JDM headlights will fit fine if you have the Erebuni bumper... is that correct?

What exactly do you have to hack away at?

Mitsufied
10-11-2002, 10:13 AM
Brandon,

Is that the J-spec's on your ride (tight ride BTW)...... or did you just 'clear the corners'????

Blue Ice
10-11-2002, 10:32 AM
<span style='color:blue'>With the erebuni kit, you won't have gaps between the lights, and the kit, but you'll still have to grind the metal part the actual bumper bolts too. i have a 94, and mazz's is a 97/98, but with the US G's you'll have to grind, or use a hacksaw, with a lot of elbow greese.

Brandon, when you cleared your corners, you had to take the outer bumper off, then there was a raw looking, fiberglass type bumper behind that. Well to remove that part, there are two bolts on both sides. The metal part that holds the raw bumper to the frame in the part you have to grind or hack. You have to take the top off down to just above where the bolt goes in, so you can rebolt the inner bumper. If you don't, you'll end up breaking the glass cover of the light bulb</span>

QnzMostWanted
10-11-2002, 11:42 AM
another place to get JDM's is OZEparts.com its based in australia but thats where i got my replacement parts, prices are in austrailian, but its roughly $1 usd = $0.50 aud

brandon
10-11-2002, 01:09 PM
Mitsufied,

Thanks for the compliment, those are just the OEM plastic headlights with cleared corners. I'm going to be playing around with em this weekend and doing some new headlight covers (carbon fiber sticker FoliaTec stuff)... can't afford the J-specs just yet.

Blue Ice Rider,

Thanks for the notes... I'm not exactly sure what you're talking about without looking at the area in front of me, but I'll be able to take a peak this weekend when I pull the bumper off to work on the headlights.

I just remember pretty much ripping everything out of there when I put the Erebuni bumper on... the fiberglass-ish piece, and a metal piece... but I'm thinking you mean there's another piece behind all that that remains.

mitsupiet
10-14-2002, 03:11 PM
I am still here but i am very busy lately.
I can get you the headlights if you want.
Mail me and i will give you the details.

Greetings,Mitsupiet.

BEAST
10-14-2002, 06:08 PM
How much are they?

schick
10-15-2002, 04:01 PM
You know how the 7G headlights clear part is not smooth but has the lines running through it, not like the smooth, perfectly clear lenses on most newer cars?
Are the JDM headlights like the ones we have, or are they clearer?
What makes JDM's better, other than they have a clear corner?

QnzMostWanted
10-15-2002, 06:25 PM
JDM's DO NOT have a clear corner, u still have to clear them, JDMs do however have a different look,

https://thegalantcenter.org/gallery/JDM_and_European_Galants/front%20view.jpg