PDA

View Full Version : What about Sideskirts from other vehicles

Blue Ice
10-10-2002, 04:14 PM
<span style='color:blue'>I was wondering if there were any other vehicles out there that were similar or the same length along the side. And if so, are there sideskirts out there that would fit our car. from the sound of it, i think we have to drill and screw the erebuni skirts on anyway, so what about bolting on different skirts from a different car.
I kow that some skirts are molded with the curvature of the doors, so i'm not talking about that style of skirt. Just a question, i thought i'd throw out there, that i haven't seen answered yet.</span>

2True
10-10-2002, 10:19 PM
I am almost certain that ones for an Accord would fit. But basically any side skirts that have the right length to them should work, in theory. You would most likely need to throw some Bondo and a hacksaw in the mix.

Do they make kits for the Mazda 626? I was parked next to one the other day, a 96 I think, and I couldn't help but notice how similar they are to the 7g. The front headlights are similar, the size and shape of the tail lights are similar, even the front end was strikingly similar. If you took the badges of both cars they could almost be twins!
Just thought that was wierd as I am not aware of any relation between that car and ours. :duh:

pinoyesv6
10-10-2002, 10:25 PM
they make kits for the 626. i remember erebuni has some. but yea the rule of thumb is to get sideskirts that are either the same size or bigger. it would suck to add more onto the skirt

seth98esT
10-11-2002, 01:29 AM
ive heard rumors about the camry/accord skirts fitting(last generation, not the newest), but i have yet to go out and measure the Galant and a Camry/Accord to see if they would fit

TJC
10-11-2002, 01:38 AM
Ppl, arm yourself with a measuring tape and next time you see something that looks might work, go out and measure it, lol. measure both length and height b/c like Pinoy says, you don't want to have to add height yourself. You want them taller for the look.

BTW, great idea Blue Ice Rider. :thumbsup: