PDA

View Full Version : Ignition Coil

02on19s
05-17-2005, 10:35 AM
First of All = I don't know much about cars...All the basic stuff yea but not much more than that -
My car has been acting up - spuddering when I accelerate....
When it is in Drive Idelingit will fell like it wants to die..

I looked in my past records it show I replaced my Ignition coil#2 Last year(Doing the SAME thing) - and the mechanic says More than likely it is the other one which will cost about $110 ....

He said it isREAL easy to install..I could do it myself...

Anyone got some extra info for me??

Thanx.

shortdogg2k05
05-17-2005, 10:53 AM
I had a similar problem in my corolla and my plug wires were damaged so it does sound like it could be the ignition coil and if it is it will take you less than 10mins to install if you have an I4. I would check all wires and jackets for the spark plugs to see if they were damaged.

icEbErg629
05-17-2005, 10:57 AM
I have a used one if you're interested, PM me

02on19s
05-17-2005, 11:04 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(shortdogg2k05)</div><div class='quotemain'>I had a similar problem in my corolla and my plug wires were damaged so it does sound like it could be the ignition coil and if it is it will take you less than 10mins to install if you have an I4. Â*I would check all wires and jackets for the spark plugs to see if they were damaged.</div>yea I do got an I4...

I don't even knkow where this "part is" :oops:

Any info? would it help if I took a pic of under my hood?
Thanx guys!

icEbErg629
05-17-2005, 11:09 AM
its where your spark plug wires are connected to. it's that square-shaped piece that has 2 bolts. .

BlankMan
05-17-2005, 11:18 AM
Hey 02 - I belive I have a used set from an 01 3g w/10-12,000 miles. I'd sell them to you for $65 shipped for the set - with tracking and insurance. I'm travelling in San Fran right now but could mail them out on Friday if you want them. Just let me know. And, yeah, it's real easy to change them out. 2 bolts and your done.

J

ps. oh - and they include the plug wires.