PDA

View Full Version : NEED HELP W/ INSTALLING GROUND WIRE SET

Marky
05-23-2005, 02:48 PM
Hey Guys,

I just goth this set from ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=33574 ('http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7975129313&category=33574') and I cant figure out how to install, can anyone help or does anyone have pics of a kit like this installed ????

The battery pole connector is very weird I cant get it to line up.

Marky
05-31-2005, 10:34 AM
Anyone ???

Proto
05-31-2005, 10:40 AM
and it serves what purpose?

Danger DANJ
05-31-2005, 11:40 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Proto)</div><div class='quotemain'>and it serves what purpose?</div>
None, really. They just make the engine bay look pretty. Take it from me Marky, I have a set of ground wires and they don't do a damn thing. But if you must install them, click here ('https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewtopic.php?t=25682') for an old post where I posted pics of how my wires are installed. I'm not sure if your kit is the same, but it should help.

Marky
05-31-2005, 09:01 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danger DANJ)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Proto)</div><div class='quotemain'>and it serves what purpose?</div>
None, really. They just make the engine bay look pretty. Take it from me Marky, I have a set of ground wires and they don't do a damn thing. But if you must install them, click here ('https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewtopic.php?t=25682') for an old post where I posted pics of how my wires are installed. I'm not sure if your kit is the same, but it should help.</div>

Hey thanks for the info David, the reason I got them is bacause for some reason my car gives off static, at first I was the only one that got the shock but now other people notices it as well so I figure this kit will help in better grounding the car, What do you think ???

Lazarus
05-31-2005, 09:30 PM
i think better ground better shock. I dont think there's much you can do about the shocking it happens to everyone. some people more than others. if you really wanna help with the problem I'd suggest lether seats

SROL
05-31-2005, 09:46 PM
Does that kit help with the headlights dimming during "high-power" situations?

Like, when I'm driving around at night and I hit my window switch my headlights dim slightly. It happens when I mess with my windows, turn on my rear defroster, or open/close my sunroof. It probably does it at other times too but can't think of any right now. My friend's old Accord did the same thing and it also happened during bass hits. I haven't hooked my system up yet but I don't want my lights dimming. I think it's rather annoying :?

Danger DANJ
05-31-2005, 11:22 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SROL)</div><div class='quotemain'>Does that kit help with the headlights dimming during "high-power" situations?

Like, when I'm driving around at night and I hit my window switch my headlights dim slightly. Â*It happens when I mess with my windows, turn on my rear defroster, or open/close my sunroof. Â*It probably does it at other times too but can't think of any right now. Â*My friend's old Accord did the same thing and it also happened during bass hits. Â*I haven't hooked my system up yet but I don't want my lights dimming. Â*I think it's rather annoying :?</div>
https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif It's funny you mention that because those are the exact reasons why I got the ground wire kit, but alas, my lights still dim. What bugs me the most is that my EL gauges dim when the bass hits and all I have is a 10" Infinity Basslink amplified sub in the trunk. :?

Lazarus
05-31-2005, 11:33 PM
David do you have a cap? that should help as far as the bass issue goes. I dont have a radio so I wouldn't know about all that.... :roll:

Goandeatsomestuff
05-31-2005, 11:46 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lazarus)</div><div class='quotemain'>David do you have a cap? Â*that should help as far as the base issue goes. I dont have a radio so I wouldn't know about all that.... :roll:</div>
don't use a cap, just do the Big Three ('http://forum.sounddomain.com/forum/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=007801;p=') with 0/1 gauge wiring. If that doesn't fix it, get a deep cycle battery. If that doesn't fix it, upgrade your alternator. If that doesn't fix it, get a dedicated audio deep cycle battery. If that doesn't fix it, 1) your electrical system is fucked up, 2) you're running WAY too much power, 3) use a cap, and do your electrical system in once and for all.

Common misconceptions about caps come from people like Lazarus (no offense, just proving a point) with his "base issue" and no radio. A cap is a temp. solution to a permanent problem that only serves to increase stress on the alternator twofold. Yes there are cases where a cap is appropriate, but a daily driver install is not one of them.

Danger DANJ
06-01-2005, 07:30 PM
Seeing that I have the ground wires and an Optima Red Top battery, there isn't much I can do. I'm not about to change the alternator. I guess I should have bought the Yellow Top battery instead. I just don't understand how such a small system can make the lights dim. I'll blame it on Mitsubishi and their crappy alternators.

SROL
06-01-2005, 09:47 PM
I'm thinking it would be the alternator that would cause the lights to dim. I figured I would do the Big 3 then get a bigger alternator if it still happens. I've read on some audio website that one of the main causes of the dimming were those ground wires, and to basically follow the same steps Goandeatsomestuff posted.

Goandeatsomestuff
06-02-2005, 12:20 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danger DANJ)</div><div class='quotemain'>Seeing that I have the ground wires and an Optima Red Top battery, there isn't much I can do. I'm not about to change the alternator. I guess I should have bought the Yellow Top battery instead. I just don't understand how such a small system can make the lights dim. I'll blame it on Mitsubishi and their crappy alternators.</div>
What gauge are the wires? What wattage are you running and how many amps does your system pull out?