PDA

View Full Version : tails...

elieleb1303
05-30-2005, 09:10 PM
i got a black 00 galant, and i was juss wonderin if u guys thought the stock oem tail lighs look better than the altezza ones...i got the silver altezza ones on now, and im not sure which i like better...

pinoyesv6
05-30-2005, 09:12 PM
i think the oem tails look better than the "altezzas" thats why i never wasted my money on them..

but i did get rid of my oem ones for some jdms..

quicksilver22
05-30-2005, 09:30 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>
but i did get rid of my oem ones for some jdms..</div>

and those are the best of all 8) 8)

low sittin 8g
05-30-2005, 09:49 PM
jdm tails are always tight.. i dont particularly care for altezza's.. too "ricey" for me.. although i have seen a few cars pull them off..

ChikagoGTZ
05-30-2005, 10:04 PM
I have a black GTZ, and I have the black altezzas, I think they look good.

Censee
05-30-2005, 11:08 PM
altezzas are pure rice gayness

elieleb1303
05-30-2005, 11:10 PM
thanks for replyin to that, could i maybe get sum pics comparin the oems, the altezzas, n the jdms?

Censee
05-30-2005, 11:13 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(elieleb1303)</div><div class='quotemain'>thanks for replyin to that, could i maybe get sum pics comparin the oems, the altezzas, n the jdms?</div>

sorry to be so straight forward.. i just think that those tails are horrible,,,,i mean they arent even nice altezzas,,the clear plastic on em sticks out like 5 inches,,,they just look ridiculous....but hey u wanted opinions right

LoWang
05-30-2005, 11:18 PM
Where cN I find the JDM taillights if I may ask 01 Galant

G-spot
05-30-2005, 11:22 PM
The advantage of Kapalana (?!?) Black is that either OEM, JDM, and Altezza looks pretty good.

OEM: 2002-03 Tails
Altezza: Black or Carbon fiber (assume you add more to other places...)
JDM: either 2nd or 3rd gen

elieleb1303
05-30-2005, 11:30 PM
yea, i asked for opinions n thanks for em, one of the things i like bout the altezzas is how the plastic comes out tho, i think it adds sum contrast, no?

low sittin 8g
05-31-2005, 10:16 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(elieleb1303)</div><div class='quotemain'>thanks for replyin to that, could i maybe get sum pics comparin the oems, the altezzas, n the jdms?</div>

oem look better than altezza's.. but jdm's look better than oem..

obxguy2000
05-31-2005, 11:36 AM
I have the chrome altezza's and I am starting to not like them either. But I do not want to put the factories back on so I am going to get the altezza's painted to match the car. The Alts. do have the 3 dem. look that I do like. So I am going to paint the low areas (area that is not risen) to match the car. Then from a distance, it will look like it just has round tail lights. If I dont like it, I will trash them and go back to the factory. The chrome/clear alt.s are too played out. But as most of you know, I do some wacky stuff to my G. and this may be something to add to the list. I am pretty sure someone has done it before though.

Zero_4073
06-01-2005, 01:20 AM
Many don't agree, but I like mine.

Drastic
06-01-2005, 01:24 AM
Well for those of you that want factory tails and have chrome altezza's let me know I'd be glad to trade you. I don't care what others think, I think that the Altezzas would look good no my car 8).

BigMike
06-01-2005, 08:34 AM
JDM Goodness all the way....won't make you hurl like alteezas do https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

Drastic
06-01-2005, 04:01 PM
Why in the world is everyone so against Altezza's. I fell in love with them the first time I saw them. I still like them. I think they look good on some cars. Maybe they just go better with certain colors.

elieleb1303, you said that you had a black g with chrome altezzas. Maybe you should think about black altezzas. Maybe someone could photo chop it for you to see how they would look? :wink:

krispy03
06-01-2005, 04:06 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Drastic)</div><div class='quotemain'>Well for those of you that want factory tails and have chrome altezza's let me know I'd be glad to trade you. Â*I don't care what others think, I think that the Altezzas would look good no my car 8).</div>
my old altezzas
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/9/web/609000-609999/609169_119_full.jpg

Drastic
06-01-2005, 04:16 PM
You still have them?

krispy03
06-01-2005, 04:29 PM
no, i sold them

elieleb1303
06-02-2005, 07:26 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Drastic)</div><div class='quotemain'>
elieleb1303, you said that you had a black g with chrome altezzas. Â*Maybe you should think about black altezzas. Â*Maybe someone could photo chop it for you to see how they would look? :wink:</div>

i agree https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif could someone photo chop chrome altezzas on a black 8g to the black altezzas? it would be greatly appreciated...

DryBear
06-02-2005, 07:42 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(elieleb1303)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Drastic)</div><div class='quotemain'>
elieleb1303, you said that you had a black g with chrome altezzas. Â*Maybe you should think about black altezzas. Â*Maybe someone could photo chop it for you to see how they would look? :wink:</div>

i agree https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif could someone photo chop chrome altezzas on a black 8g to the black altezzas? it would be greatly appreciated...</div>

Well, Zero_4073 has the black tezzas on his black car, and I actually think it looks good (have seen it in person as well):
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/4/web/568000-568999/568154_8_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/4/web/568000-568999/568154_69_full.jpg

pinoyesv6
06-02-2005, 07:46 PM
here's my car with the oem tails.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v508/pinoyesv61/6325ec26.jpg

and here it is with the jdm's

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v508/pinoyesv61/CIMG0059.jpg

elieleb1303
06-02-2005, 09:21 PM
thanks for the pics guys, def helped out...so until i get money for sum jdm lights, is it possible to juss paint my chrome altezzas wit sum touch up paint or sumthin? maybe the stuff people use to paint the chrome finished grill?

elieleb1303
06-03-2005, 12:56 AM
goin along wit my above post, is there a tutorial on painting the housing for the headlights? i searched but didnt see anythin...can any1 help me out wit that?

pinoyesv6
06-03-2005, 01:05 AM
painting the headlights and the tails are pretty much the same way.

tkae out hte lights remove the bulbs and whatever else you can remove.

heat your oven to like 250 degrees fahrenheit and then turn the over off. let the oven cool for 10 minutes and then put the lights inside the oven. take the lights out and pry the clear lens off the light. paint what you want. then repeat the oven technique to reseal the lights. in the end if needed, get some silicon and seal up the light where it still needs to be sealed.

Zero_4073
06-03-2005, 01:41 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>painting the headlights and the tails are pretty much the same way. Â*

heat your oven to like 250 degrees fahrenheit and then turn the over off. let the oven cool for 10 minutes and then put the lights inside the oven. take the lights out and pry the clear lens off the light. paint what you want. then repeat the oven technique to reseal the lights. in the end if needed, get some silicon and seal up the light where it still needs to be sealed.</div>

Exactly what I did to paint my heads. Easier than it sounds.

Zero_4073
06-03-2005, 01:42 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wanderingpinoy)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(elieleb1303)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Drastic)</div><div class='quotemain'>

i agree https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif could someone photo chop chrome altezzas on a black 8g to the black altezzas? it would be greatly appreciated...</div>

Well, Zero_4073 has the black tezzas on his black car, and I actually think it looks good (have seen it in person as well):
</div>

Thanks, man. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

HeadAche
06-03-2005, 08:36 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Censee)</div><div class='quotemain'>altezzas are pure rice gayness</div>

I will drink to that

bigbluetotoro
06-07-2005, 10:10 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Zero_4073)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>painting the headlights and the tails are pretty much the same way. Â*

heat your oven to like 250 degrees fahrenheit and then turn the over off. let the oven cool for 10 minutes and then put the lights inside the oven. take the lights out and pry the clear lens off the light. paint what you want. then repeat the oven technique to reseal the lights. in the end if needed, get some silicon and seal up the light where it still needs to be sealed.</div>

Exactly what I did to paint my heads. Easier than it sounds.</div>

will this have any effects on the oven its self? does it smell like burnt plastic?

o1naturalhigh
06-07-2005, 10:47 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bigbluetotoro)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Zero_4073)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>painting the headlights and the tails are pretty much the same way. Â*

will this have any effects on the oven its self? does it smell like burnt plastic?</div>

hey bigblueTOTORO....i am still jealous....

and how do you guys think them altezza's will look if u use that night shades tint paint thing over it??

pinoyesv6
06-07-2005, 11:07 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bigbluetotoro)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Zero_4073)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>painting the headlights and the tails are pretty much the same way. Â*

will this have any effects on the oven its self? does it smell like burnt plastic?</div>

if you smell burnt plastic then you alreday ruined the headlights. all you want to do is kepe the headlights in the oven long enough to soften the seal on the headlights, not melt the seal away.

bigbluetotoro
06-08-2005, 12:43 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>if you smell burnt plastic then you alreday ruined the headlights. all you want to do is kepe the headlights in the oven long enough to soften the seal on the headlights, not melt the seal away.</div>
yeah thats what i figured. i was just worried about plastic fumes and stuff like that. i dont want my pizza tasting like chemicals https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif i guess you just leave it in for a little bit so it just loosens it

BigMike
06-08-2005, 01:49 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Drastic)</div><div class='quotemain'>Why in the world is everyone so against Altezza's. Â*I fell in love with them the first time I saw them. Â*I still like them. Â*I think they look good on some cars. Â*Maybe they just go better with certain colors.

JMO....Altezzas = rice-a-roni