PDA

View Full Version : new shocks or whole setup???

neel9
06-02-2005, 01:02 AM
i have progress springs right now.. shocks are almost blown

what do u guys suggest?.. get :

#KYB AGX shocks
OR
#GC with kyb agx (found good deal on used)

... anyone with GC with KYB... how is the ride? meaning from 1 being the best and 10 being the worst?.. bouncy or no? please help decide

pinoyesv6
06-02-2005, 01:12 AM
how good was the deal? i know my gc's and konis weren't even 200 bucks so that just ruled out almost any other option i had. decent lowering springs were about the same price if not more than the cost of my setup.

but if the deal isn't all that great then you might want to consider the just getting hte agx's and calling it a day or spending the money and getting a set of teins

neel9
06-02-2005, 03:21 PM
recommendationsss

Skillz911
06-02-2005, 09:53 PM
Come on man I thought we went over this before you want the tein basics! :twisted:

neel9
06-02-2005, 09:58 PM
yea but see.. having some money problems.. so trying to find the cheapest way... gotta pay for college .. fees so..
by the way i heard that each and every tein coilover kit has a different height rate it can adjust to..basics do not lower as much as the higher versions..thats kinda weird.. was told by some people from autobacks.. so..

Skillz911
06-02-2005, 10:01 PM
Eh I understand, well I would recommend the GC with kyb agx because say you get the agx and slap them on with the spings you have now, it will look like your car sits up higher, a friend of mine on here (Vic) was riding on a spring/agx setup and switched to GC/AGX because he was so unhappy with how the drop appeared from going from stock shocks to agx with just springs.

neel9
06-02-2005, 10:05 PM
hey how does he like the gc with kyb agx??.. i am only getting it cause i wanna slam my car.... when i had rims.. the ride looks low from far but when u come close.. there is still gap between the tires and fender so.. wish had money for some teins https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif

Skillz911
06-02-2005, 10:38 PM
As far as I know he likes it alot. It looks like it rides very nice..nice and stiff looking. If I didnt get my teins thats probably the setup I would have went with.