PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth it?

glant03
06-03-2005, 08:36 PM
I've got the 2.4L I4 2003 Galant...is it worth spending the money to get a cold air intake, new exhaust headers and muffler, ECU jet chip, and other performance mods?

pinoyesv6
06-03-2005, 08:45 PM
what are you trying to achieve?? i mean if you are going turbo or forced infduction maybe some of those items won't be needed or if you doing an engine swap. how much power are you looking for and how much u plan on spending?

glant03
06-03-2005, 08:48 PM
yea i've gotten recommendations to do the 4g63t engine swap but i dunno where i would get the engine or get it installed. i want to add a lot of power and i'd probably have to do a swap considering cai, cat back, jetchip etc wont add a lot of power/hp to an I4.

btw, got my 2003 galant about a year ago and the engine has 37K miles on it now. should i put some more miles on the engine i have now before a swap, save a little more $...

Serstylz2
06-04-2005, 12:39 AM
it seems that you are very unknowledged in car modding overall, you should just browse this performance forum and see what kind of things other people are doing and what kinds of gains they are seeing, then make up your mind whether or not you want to adapt this expensive, painstaking hobby

Zero_4073
06-05-2005, 11:08 PM
You won't get major power differences from the average mods. Unless you go forced induction, or do a swap. Either of which will cost a bundle. Oh, skip the chip.

pinoyesv6
06-05-2005, 11:44 PM
nitrous will give you the best bang for your buck. but the thing is, if you don't know what you're doing. or even if you do, you run the big risk of killing your motor.