PDA

View Full Version : Vibrating 18's

macknati
06-06-2005, 08:44 AM
I already know what most of yall is gonna say. I just put some 18's on the G. I got them balance and mounted at the shop. But I am still getting some shaking when I get around 55 to 65, but it stops when I go over 67. The shop insists they balanced them right. Does anybody else with 18's on the G experience this?

pinoyesv6
06-06-2005, 09:17 AM
sounds like you need some hubcentric rings.

macknati
06-06-2005, 09:20 AM
Okay what are those and where do i get them from?

pinoyesv6
06-06-2005, 09:45 AM
hubcetnric rings are small rings that you put on the back of the wheels.

the factory alloys are what they called lug centric. they use the lug nuts to center the wheel on the hub.

most aftermarket wheels aren't lug centric but hub centric. but because there are different size hubs out there, wheel manufacturer have a big opening for the hub in the back of the wheel. for some car's the opening might be just right for others it might be too big.

so yea you're gonna need some hubcentric rings to center your wheel on the hub. centering it by just using the lugs helps but doesn't get it as centered as if you were to use the rings.

as for getting the rings, first place i'd try is the place you got the wheels or tha manufacturer. after that then i'd do a google search to find a few places that have them.

Dominicano
06-06-2005, 11:14 AM
you can get a set from tires.com but you have to give them the measurements for the inside of the wheels and they know the size for our hubs. Tires.com gives them for free if you order the wheels from them.

ipaintu
06-06-2005, 11:44 AM
what type tires and rims you have, I have a shake at 65 to 75 I had them balanced by 3 different people when i got the set put on. I had the center rings added and still have that shake. I took it to an alienment shop and all, they say nuttin found. So i dont know i just dont drive 65 to 75 anymore. Its not a bad shake but a small one right. More less just bothersome than anything else. I let me wheel go i track straight and all but the shakes a pain in the ass..

chromed_out_galant
06-15-2005, 08:57 PM
Whatup, I got 18'ers on mine and I had problems for a long time. It shook and all that. I got rings and it got a lil better. Try to take it to a place that does to road balancing. I did this and it helped a lot. For some reason now I have no problem. I was doin 90 today ridin smooth cept for the road roughness. I love teeny wheels https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

chromed_out_galant
06-16-2005, 05:21 PM
Yo! I just remembered... make sure your pressure in your tires is right. Mine was vibin like a biyatch yesterday and I checked my pressure. The right side was at 26lbs and the left side was at 27 lbs. I changed it to 30 in the front and 28 in the back and now it rides fine. Good luck. You may have to play around with it a little bit.

thebirdman13
06-16-2005, 06:04 PM
ebay has the rings, you can get em for $10 shipped

pLUGSNEt
06-21-2005, 02:22 PM
Also check your lugs to make sure they are tighten to factory spec.... there are certain torque specs that we need... i think 80 pounds of presure or something like that.. did they use air gun to tighten on crowbar...