PDA

View Full Version : Lowering - Worth it?

chromed_out_galant
06-06-2005, 09:55 PM
What up everybody? Is lowering your car really worth it? Do you guys have a lot of problems with clearance once the car has been lowered? Also, how can I tell if I will have problems with rubbing with my rims? I have 18's. Is there any way to tell for sure whether there will be rubbing?

Donovan
06-06-2005, 10:06 PM
What up everybody? Is lowering your car really worth it? Do you guys have a lot of problems with clearance once the car has been lowered? Also, how can I tell if I will have problems with rubbing with my rims? I have 18's. Is there any way to tell for sure whether there will be rubbing?

if you just want to ...break teh gap up in the tired gap..just use some lowering springs that will drop it only 1.8 inches..

My setup is 2" sprint lowering springs with KYB AGX's my cars 3.25" off the ground with that..and my 17"s are even sligtly tucking.

jacuZZi
06-06-2005, 10:32 PM
i used to have TEIN S-tech setup with AGX's,and 18" Racing Hart Evo.. without the body kit there's no clearance problem...once i put my kit on, the only clearance problem is the front when you go in and out of a driveway. So you should be fine..

Donovan
06-06-2005, 10:43 PM
oh GOD the front https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif(

ChuloMxcn
06-06-2005, 10:45 PM
I think its the best mod done to my car so far. I have Tein S-Techs too and i like the more agressive look. I have some rub in the rear when i hit a dip, but not really too often. Do it...do it....just do it.

AntimonyER
06-06-2005, 11:05 PM
I have S-tech's and never rub, but I have a body kit and that is a bit of a hassle, always have to go over speed bumps and sharp inclines VERY CAREFULLY. Without a bodykit tho, it is definitely a must have with no down side.

BxGalant99
06-07-2005, 01:10 AM
Hell yeah its worth it. It made a more careful driver as well. I'm always watching for bumps and shit.

Donovan
06-07-2005, 05:38 AM
All I know is..my cornering has improve about 35% ..Im impressed.

pinoyesv6
06-07-2005, 08:54 AM
its worth it if its done right. half ass it and you'll regret everything you've ever done.

as for rubbing, read through a couple posts throughout this suspension forum, not only will you learn about if you'll rub or not but you'll also read reviews that people have about various setups.

Donovan
06-07-2005, 05:40 PM
Yeah bro you'll like it , you'll feel a special and stuffs https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif
I do! sitting 3.25" above ground

low sittin 8g
06-07-2005, 09:02 PM
of course i have a problem with clearence.. but who cares.. lol.. i'll take my good ole' time to go over speed bumps..

Donovan
06-07-2005, 09:14 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(low sittin 8g)</div><div class='quotemain'>of course i have a problem with clearence.. but who cares.. lol.. i'll take my good ole' time to go over speed bumps..</div>

same here thats for damn sure

mrjaydeeone
06-08-2005, 05:14 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Donovan)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(low sittin 8g)</div><div class='quotemain'>of course i have a problem with clearence.. but who cares.. lol.. i'll take my good ole' time to go over speed bumps..</div>

same here thats for damn sure</div>

ditto

Donovan
06-08-2005, 06:40 PM
aight well I put my 2 cents in , im out dis topic ! https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

bigbluetotoro
06-08-2005, 11:47 PM
i really want to lower my car. i've been thinking of just getting a set of Teins. but i'm a curb humper. whenever i park, i get out and see that my wheels are almost touching the curb on the front. i dont have a kit though. and if i did it woudent last long hehe.

pinoyesv6
06-09-2005, 01:07 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bigbluetotoro)</div><div class='quotemain'>i really want to lower my car. i've been thinking of just getting a set of Teins. but i'm a curb humper. whenever i park, i get out and see that my wheels are almost touching the curb on the front. Â*i dont have a kit though. and if i did it woudent last long hehe.</div>

my front bumper is all tore up cuz of that. i still have the oem bumper too. but u learn.

chromed_out_galant
06-14-2005, 08:44 PM
Cool thanx for all yall's input. I am mos def gonna try to get my car lowered then.

Donovan
06-14-2005, 09:17 PM
good idea

SPEEDDEMON03
06-24-2005, 07:02 PM
does lowering the car affect the bearings

does it depend on the drop?

(sorry didnt want to open a new thread, figured this would fit in here)

vectorz
07-07-2005, 06:53 PM
I think lowering my vehicle and getting 17" rims was the worst mod I've done to my vehicle.

After installing 17" rims, I noticed a degrade in comfort level. Started feeling bumps a little more, and braking was worse.

After installing Eibach Prokit Springs plus KYB AGX adjustable shocks, it's WORSE. At first I didn't notice it, but now after commuting a few times 20 miles each way, it gives me a big ass headache. I put the shocks on the 'softest' setting (1x) and man, it's painful still. I feel every little bump, my brakes suck, my gas mileage is worse, etc.

And you're gonna spend some cash getting all this stuff to be miserable. If I were you, I'd leave it stock. I wish I did.