PDA

View Full Version : So tired of waiting on a hood....

SinSere
06-07-2005, 03:44 PM
So I've been trying to get a fiberglass "Monster" style hood for the G for the past month and a half at least. I can't believe how stinkin hard it is to get this hood. I really do want this thing because my stock hood is going to look ghetto with my new kit on and this hood will really bring everything together. So I originally ordered from grounddynamics.com...these guys are a bunch of uneducated losers. Reminds me of the erac1ng fiasco. Got the whole next week, next week deal for 4 weeks or more til I finally cancelled. Next is andysauto.com or something like that and the guy tells me a week. Thats cool. So I go to check status today, which has been 6 days from my order and they tell me they haven't put the order in yet with Extreme Dimensions. My god, are these people incompetent or what. I was told by the salesman from andy's that it would be about a week to send so thats out the window. so I resort to just calling Extreme Dimensions myself to find out what their stock is like since Andy's some how can't do that. Their guy tells me about the same thing as every other one...a week or two.

So just for kicks I call up Erebuni and they actually have it in stock and could be here in 5 business days. There are pretty much 2 makers of the monster hood, Erebuni and Extreme Dimensions. They are slightly different with Erebuni having a small vent on the driver's side like the EVO hoods. Plus the annoying Erebuni emblem they put on the top middle. The quality differences are still up in the air as far as I'm concerned since I haven't heard directly from anyone that has the ED hood. So I'm frustrated beyond belief with trying to get a hood. I want it and I want it now. I'm so tired of waiting. If the losers from grounddynamics didn't yank me around for so long I would have just gone to andy's first and I wouldn't be in this spot. They are finishing up my kit in the next week so the sooner the better obviously.

So do I wait for the ED hood or dive into the Erebuni project? all insite is much appreciated and wanted. Hopefully after all this work and hassle it will be worth it. peace

02on19s
06-07-2005, 04:24 PM
I'm not sure man I know erubini has been around for a LOOOONG time...so i'm sure there more reputable....

But whatever happens keep me posted - This is the same hood I want for my car...
thanx 8) & Good Luck!

SkylineG1
06-07-2005, 08:05 PM
Erebuni Corp is a good place to buy stuff from. Thier prices might be a little more expensive but their fitment and other aspects of construction are second to none. I personally ordered kits, hoods and wings from them.

Lazarus
06-07-2005, 10:15 PM
i feel ou man I think I'm gonna call tomorrow and cancel with Ground dynamics

SinSere
06-08-2005, 11:16 AM
They're gonna tell you next week Lazarus https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif
Not too hot on those guys at all. There are pretty much 3 people that answer the phones and they are all rude and dumb as a box of rocks.

Lazarus
06-08-2005, 05:34 PM
yeah I called today and they told me next week I'm gonna give them til friday and then I'm gonna just get my money back

Fishboy55
06-09-2005, 05:40 AM
Hey Sin, Sorry being the monster hood test case for the rest of us is becoming so painful for you. The last thing I heard about Erubuni hoods is that the fitment is not all that great for USDM Galants, and that they hve problems with the latch and how it's attached to the glass. Granted, that was a while back and was referring to the EVO hood. Maybe they've gotten better. But that was the last thing I heard.

SinSere
06-09-2005, 10:09 AM
thanks for the encouragement, I broke down and bought the Erebuni hood yesterday since it was in stock. I also went out to the shop to get a sneak peek of my car all chopped up. Wasn't pretty, but inspiring. Sent my payment priority so hopefully sometime in the next week I'll be seeing this thing.

Lazarus
06-09-2005, 06:54 PM
how much was erebuni asking for it. uh...nevermind. I'm assuming they will make the hoods with some quality being that they are made to order from ground dynamics. (I'm assuming since they are on back order) I am not to concerned about teh latch I am pinning it down

SinSere
06-09-2005, 07:21 PM
It was in stock and thats all I cared about...which is sad, but the truth. It wasn't that bad and I'm pinning mine down as well so the latch isn't my biggest worry. that stupid erebuni symbol on it is.

EDIT: Erebuni actually called me today to say they received my payment and will be shipping it out today...things are looking up for me now.

SinSere
06-15-2005, 10:59 PM
Wow, got my hood today from Erebuni and holy shit....what a beautiful site it was. So the low down is Erebuni is having sales on factory blemish hoods for dirt ass cheap. I got my carbon fiber Monster hood for $290 shipped to my door. Thats cheaper than you can get the fiberglass by $100. You could see the little blem problems they were talkin about, but I don't care cuz I'm painting the bastard. To my surprise also, no gay Erebuni emblem on the top. The under-side looked great, the finish on it was just amazing. Wish I had a pic to post, but as soon as I got it I loaded it into my work van and ran it over the body shop so they can start painting everything.

I must say, I am very impressed with how it looked. I feel bad for painting over that beautiful c/f, but it just wouldn't look right on my car. Don't know how the fitment will go, probably same as all the rest, but quality is nothing short of awesome.

Lazarus
06-15-2005, 11:09 PM
bastard :evil:

quicksilver22
06-15-2005, 11:21 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lazarus)</div><div class='quotemain'>bastard :evil:</div>

x2

hell, i'll even throw in a "lucky bitch :evil:" too.....

lol congrats though man https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

SinSere
06-16-2005, 10:42 AM
I'll take the bastard, but there was no luck involved on this...pure patience and searching and searching and calling and calling everyone until I got what I needed. Don't know if they have any more or if it was just the one either. So perhaps my timing was lucky :roll: