PDA

View Full Version : cam gear

cggalant
06-08-2005, 09:40 PM
whats up g's. i recently purchased a aem cam gear.(the red wheel) know do i need a smaller belt? hows the install/ ANY REAL HORSEPOWER GAINS?

Lazarus
06-08-2005, 09:49 PM
your not gonna get any hp out of installing it. basically it's to retard your timing. before you put it on I'd invest in a camshaft, some valve springs and retainers. you gan get the camshaft basically for whatever setup you want whether it be a turbo cam or a natural aspirated (no boost). I'd check with Visionimports.com for the shaft and valve springs. all teh parts are under the 00+ eclipse.

As for the Belt you are gonna use your same Timing belt. iDepending on your miles it mightbe a good idea to get a timing belt change while your at it. But before you buy anything check to see what it does and how it works.

Donovan
06-08-2005, 10:12 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lazarus)</div><div class='quotemain'>your not gonna get any hp out of installing it. basically it's to retard your timing. before you put it on I'd invest in a camshaft, some valve springs and retainers. you gan get the camshaft basically for whatever setup you want whether it be a turbo cam or a natural aspirated (no boost). I'd check with Visionimports.com for the shaft and valve springs. all teh parts are under the 00+ eclipse.

As for the Belt you are gonna use your same Timing belt. Â*iDepending on your miles it mightbe a good idea to get a timing belt change while your at it. But before you buy anything check to see what it does Â*and how it works.</div>

why would we need to get a new cam shaft?

seth98esT
06-08-2005, 10:16 PM
Because the stock camshaft isnt agressive. An aftermarket camshaft with more aggressive lobes would gain from an adjustable cam gear.

Donovan
06-09-2005, 05:21 PM
Thank you Seth.