PDA

View Full Version : just put on skunk2s....front drop not what i expected

2kgalant
06-13-2005, 07:22 AM
I just put them on with my KYB AGXs. I was really looking forward to having that tucked look. My back tucks nice..can barely get a finger in there https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif But then the front....still has like 2 finger gap :cry: What the f*ck...why can't i get the front to tuck like the back? The shop told me that the front fender is cut higher than the back, thats why the back looks lower. They said they set it at the lowest setting...but how can that be if my front still has a gap like that? Can anybody help me? On a good note though, the skunks handle real well...a little bouncy, but its tolerable. Anybody else faced this problem? Oh yeah, i have 18 rims as well.

Serstylz2
06-13-2005, 10:15 AM
if they are brand new u gotta be patient grasshopper, they still need to settle

pinoyesv6
06-13-2005, 10:37 AM
have you checked to see if the coilovers are at the lowest setting? just because "they" say that its at the lowest doesn't mean its at the lowest.

8G_GTZ
06-13-2005, 11:15 AM
are they backwards?

usually the front is lower than the back, might just be on the 7G's though.

Steve

2kgalant
06-23-2005, 01:53 PM
well....you know what, we checked out the front coils and they are set as low as they can go. The springs have settled a little bit more, but i am still kind of disappointed about the front....I guess its just that our front fenders are cut high for some reason.

8G_GTZ
06-23-2005, 03:33 PM
the Galant from the 7G and up is meant to be a family/luxury type car. it wasn't made to be slammed. the height on the 8G is for suspension travel for a smooth ride. the 7G is set up the same way. it sits decently high when rims are put on.

Steve

Danger DANJ
06-24-2005, 09:38 AM
I never understood the huge gap in the front fender well. I understand that you need all of that space for suspension travel, but the fender itself could have been designed so it came down further. They need to take note of how BMW does it.

2kgalant
06-26-2005, 08:42 AM
true dat....well, i guess i should be happy with the drop. I only was dissapointed because i've seen Acura TLs that were slammed. I thought that was suppose to be a family luxury car too? It just seems to me that the 8g Galants are the only cars that can't slam all the way. But oh wells... :?

Serstylz2
06-26-2005, 12:12 PM
any pics of it

neel9
06-26-2005, 12:59 PM
picss on how it looks slammed... even though its not on teh ground