PDA

View Full Version : flasher unit

elieleb1303
06-13-2005, 01:16 PM
:twisted: so i put the chrome xenon bulbs in for my turn signals, n my left one went gay on me n started blinkin really fast when i go to put the signal on, but wit the hazards on its fine and wit the headlights on its fine. then i noticed it made my left tail light signal go really fast too. best of all, the lights on my head unit n odometer blink just as fast when i put it on i thought it was the bulb. changed it and nuthin got fixed. thought it was a blown fuse. checked every single fuse. nothing. so i finally call up autozone n ask, one guy has no idea so i call another one and he sez it may be my "flasher unit" which i can only get from the dealer. wtf. duz any1 know how much this will cost and/or if theres another fix to the problem? :twisted:

pinoyesv6
06-13-2005, 01:19 PM
what happens when u put back in the factory bulbs?

elieleb1303
06-13-2005, 01:21 PM
tried that already, it still blinks really fast and everything else that happened wit the xenons.

pinoyesv6
06-13-2005, 01:25 PM
have u checked your rear bulbs to make sure they aren't blown?

elieleb1303
06-13-2005, 01:27 PM
no sir i havent, could that be causing it? juss the left one since thats the only one thats blinkin fast? i havent actually opened it up n looked at the bulbs, but im pretty sure theyre all on n not burnt out

pinoyesv6
06-13-2005, 01:29 PM
check out the bulb. its easier and cheaper to just replace the bulb instead of replacing the flasher unit which u might not know is even the problem.

elieleb1303
06-13-2005, 01:30 PM
alright, ill go do that now...do u know how much the flasher unit costs?

Reelax
06-13-2005, 01:55 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(elieleb1303)</div><div class='quotemain'>alright, ill go do that now...do u know how much the flasher unit costs?</div>

it's expensive. it is soldered into the circuit board inside the green junction box behind the interior fuse box. you might have to replace the entire junction box if the flasher has gone bad.

elieleb1303
06-13-2005, 04:45 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Reelax)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(elieleb1303)</div><div class='quotemain'>alright, ill go do that now...do u know how much the flasher unit costs?</div>

it's expensive. it is soldered into the circuit board inside the green junction box behind the interior fuse box. you might have to replace the entire junction box if the flasher has gone bad.</div>

damn that sux...i was juss playin around wit the wires now, and i got the light to work now by juss wigglin the wires around...so im guessin theres a bad connection sumwhere sumhow, but its still blinkin really fast. and pinoy, my back tails are all workin fine other than the left side blinkin fast now too...

pinoyesv6
06-13-2005, 06:53 PM
the turn signal bulb is a dual filiment bulb. meaning its kinda like 2 bulbs in one. you sure that the bright filament is working on that bulb?

elieleb1303
06-13-2005, 10:00 PM
im not sure, how can i tell?

pinoyesv6
06-13-2005, 10:10 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(elieleb1303)</div><div class='quotemain'>im not sure, how can i tell?</div>

i guess if you look closely you can see if its burnt out. but you can also put the bulb on the other side and see if the problem follows with the bulb

Reelax
06-13-2005, 10:12 PM
turn on your lights and make sure that all 4 red lights in the rear go on.

chromey
06-13-2005, 10:14 PM
shoudnt be the flasher unit, its a bad bulb. either the front or rear, one filament is broken. thats why the bulbs blink twice as fast, its a bad bulb. i know from expereince

elieleb1303
06-13-2005, 10:23 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chromey)</div><div class='quotemain'>shoudnt be the flasher unit, its a bad bulb. either the front or rear, one filament is broken. thats why the bulbs blink twice as fast, its a bad bulb. i know from expereince</div>

thats wut i thought too, but then i put my old bulbs back in and it did the same thing...could it be the socket or wirin or sumthin? thanks by the way for all the help guys, i appreciate it..

chromey
06-13-2005, 10:26 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(elieleb1303)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chromey)</div><div class='quotemain'>shoudnt be the flasher unit, its a bad bulb. either the front or rear, one filament is broken. thats why the bulbs blink twice as fast, its a bad bulb. i know from expereince</div>

thats wut i thought too, but then i put my old bulbs back in and it did the same thing...could it be the socket or wirin or sumthin? thanks by the way for all the help guys, i appreciate it..</div>

maybe u damaged the original bulb when taking it out.

Reelax
06-13-2005, 11:21 PM
the bulbs in front and rear are linked to the flasher, if any of the filaments on the bulbs are bad that are connected to the flasher, you will get fast blink on tht side. check all the bulbs, not just the fronts or the ones you messed w/.

elieleb1303
06-14-2005, 11:10 PM
alright guys, ive tried everythin to fix this. my conclusion is this: its not my flasher cuz i got the signal to work. its not the bulbs cuz i bought 4 new ones today and put them all in. so my guess is its an electrical wirin mess up...i juss dont know where or how. all i know is if i jiggle the front left signal a lil bit itll go on and off...but i dunno how to fix it...any ideas?

pinoyesv6
06-14-2005, 11:53 PM
first thing i'd do is pull the prongs out a lil bit from the socket. sometimes with aftermarket bulbs, the prongs don't reach the bulb and thats why they seem to look like they are out. so that might help on that part.

check your wiring to make sure its not frayed or damaged either.

Serstylz2
06-15-2005, 10:45 AM
i gotta follow directions in this thread because my driver's turn signal doesnt illuminate w/ my headlights or when i turn them on by themselves, but they work when my headlights are on and i hit the signal to go left, or when i hit my alarm lock/unlock