PDA

View Full Version : on ds visor

cantbeatmy97
07-31-2002, 05:27 PM
does n e 1 know what is on my driverside visor it has 3 buttons i think its for a garage door opener and for sum thing else but how do u use it.it doesnt say n e thing bout that in my manual.thankx for the info

2True
07-31-2002, 05:47 PM
3 buttons on the driver's side visor? Wha...? Uhm you bought your 97 used right? Gotta be an installed accessory by the previous owner.

pinoyesv6
07-31-2002, 11:01 PM
yea im pretty sure its for the GDO. uhm the premium model galants did have an option like that i recall...

Gen7es
08-01-2002, 03:00 PM
Okay you guys, here's the dillyoh,

The 1997 Galant ES and LS with the Premium package came with
The HomeLink system. Pinoyesv6 was correct it is a GDO and more!
This system can be programed to operate up to three separate devices
that use RF transmission i.e. remote controlled house lights, entry gate, sprinkler system etc..( check with the manufacturer of the device to make sure it's compatible with the HomeLink system.) most things are.

STEP 1) To clear the HomeLink memory:
press and hold down the two buttons on each end of the the HomeLink
until the little red light starts to flash rapidly then, release.
This will clear the memory of all three buttons.

STEP 2) To Program the HomLink system:
select and press down the button you want to program until the red light
goes from steady to flashing (keep pressing)
Now take your other remote controller and press the function you want to assign to the HomeLink button you are pressing down on. (keep your remote very close to the HomeLink around 1". When the flashing red light gets faster the code is stored.

Repeat for the other two buttons.

Please note: the memory clear function will clear all three buttons.
to re-program ONE button just follow step 2)

I hope this helps out

C-Ya'

2True
08-01-2002, 05:25 PM
Wow, ya learn something new everyday. Especially on TGC! https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_cool.gif

jluv97
08-01-2002, 06:13 PM
yeah, so I am really jealous now. My garage door opener looks like something from an original run of star trek, Only with Duct tape on it. Post a pic if you can.

seth98esT
08-01-2002, 07:55 PM
Hah, I have that on my G-Lant....to bad I dont have a garage...or any remote controlled houselights :cry:

Mazarin
08-02-2002, 01:24 AM
I've got mine set to the garage.

I also have it set to my mom's old van. It had one of those remote motorized doors. So whenever I go by a Chevy Venture, I hit the button, just in case...

cantbeatmy97
08-02-2002, 02:47 PM
thanx a bunch man

seth98esT
08-04-2002, 12:45 AM
So could you program this to any remote???? Cause I wanna program a few buttons off of my remote to my car stereo to perform certain things. Ha I am just trying to get as many "Remote" type of devices in my car.

I have 1) The Remote 2) Volume/VC Button on my Ebrake and 3) Voice Recognition, oh yeah, and 4) My Compaq Ipaq. Dont ask me why I want more, just would be cool to have

Fishboy55
08-04-2002, 07:11 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mazarin)</div><div class='quotemain'>I've got mine set to the garage.

I also have it set to my mom's old van. It had one of those remote motorized doors. So whenever I go by a Chevy Venture, I hit the button, just in case...</div>
https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif :wink: https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif Maz. I can just picture some poor sap with a Chevy van wondering why his door keeps opening by itself.

Chip

Mr. E
08-05-2002, 10:07 PM
Or even worse, a bunch of little kids falling out of the van...

efiLnikcuFeciN
08-16-2002, 11:19 AM
About the homelink, for the 8g Galant do you think the power comes from the car battery or just from a battery inside the visor ??? and do you know how much is it cost for an 8g Visor with universal homelink remote like that ???

Thanks https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

queball
08-19-2002, 04:50 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jluv97)</div><div class='quotemain'>yeah, so I am really jealous now. Â*My garage door opener looks like something from an original run of star trek, Only with Duct tape on it. Â*Post a pic if you can.</div>
yea i have mine programed to open my garage and one of the otherbuttons to open my gate..

MitsuMan
08-19-2002, 07:09 AM
makes a good place to rig up your NOS switch :wink: