PDA

View Full Version : transmission....and others

steve urkel
06-14-2005, 06:22 PM
my problem is shifting from 2nd to 3rd, sometimes it wont do it! ill let my foot off the gas say at around 40mph or 3-4,000 rpm, and it wont shift. itll feel like its going to then jus stop, and the rpms just stay above 3, depending on how fast im going. then itll suddenly kick and shift down. i dont get it, i only have 47k miles on an 01.

my 2nd problem is this weird noise my car makes while at idle. its real hard to describe the noise, sounds like someone is under my hood making a constant groaning or moaning sound. then, if im in park or neutral, and rev the engine to about 2rpm and let my foot off, i hear this loud liquid-flowing sound from the car. its like water flowing thru something, real hard to explain too. car is also extremely sluggish lately, even for a 4-cylinder, but that might have to do with me having the a/c on. these noises arent a/c related tho, it happens all the time a/c or not. i dont know if thats a good description of the noises but i cant really explain it well, ive asked people that have been in my car to explain what it sounds like and no one really can. just want to see if anyone has any similar problem or something......

steve urkel
06-15-2005, 01:05 AM
ok got a check engine light now, and car died out on me today. got it home with lights flickering on and off, then it died out. wouldnt start for awhile, now its starting. so i dont know.....

hsinya
06-15-2005, 02:11 AM
have you or someone else done anything to the carrecently?

do u drive aggressively? manually shift the tranny?

when the engine is idle do the rpms drop? like it wants to stall?

have you checked under the hood? anything unusual?

the liquid flowing you hear is probably because there are bubbles in your water/coolant

steve urkel
06-15-2005, 06:34 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hsinya)</div><div class='quotemain'>have you or someone else done anything to the carrecently?

do u drive aggressively? manually shift the tranny?

when the engine is idle do the rpms drop? like it wants to stall?

have you checked under the hood? anything unusual?

the liquid flowing you hear is probably because there are bubbles in your water/coolant</div>

only performance done to the car is an intake, and nothings really been done lately.
i do drive somewhat aggressively, but i dont manually shift.
when its idle the rpms move from 1,000-500, but it doesnt feel like its gonna stall.
nothing unusual under the hood.

pinoyesv6
06-15-2005, 10:29 AM
get the ecu scanned and see what code you are getting. that might help you find out what is wrong

steve urkel
06-15-2005, 06:54 PM
i need new battery, alternator. ses is from engine misfires and a bad ignition coil, they are doing a complete engine diagnostics tommorrow to find out whats wrong.

qnz
06-16-2005, 02:44 AM
what a terrible way to spend a few weeks pay.