PDA

View Full Version : How to fix the gap in the glove box

unknown_owner
06-15-2005, 10:30 PM
I got this bulletin from the 9G service manual; thought I would just share the info.
---------------------------------------------------------
Some affected vehicles may have a gap at the upper left corner of the glove box and the dash.
To realign the glove box to eliminate the gap, follow the procedures in this bulletin.

AFFECTED VEHICLES
2004-2005 Galant

PROCEDURE
If there is a gap between the dash and glove box in the upper left corner, adjust it as follows:
1.Open the glove box.
2.Loosen the four glove box attaching screws (two on the right , two on the left)
3.Push the glove box striker and the instrument panel garnish at the center of the glove box forward. While pushing forward, tighten the four attaching screws.
4.Close the glove box and verify that the gap is eliminated.
----------------------------------------------------------

Another bulletin listed another procedure for the gap:
---------------------------------------------------------------------
PROCEDURE
If a vehicle has a gap between the dash and glove box in the upper left corner, adjust the glove box as follows:

1.Remove the glove box tensioner (small nylon cord).
2.Remove the glove box and garnish.
3.Remove the dash bolt in the lower right corner of the dash.
4.Install a 2 mm washer (listed in the PARTS INFORMATION section of this bulletin) behind the bolt, then reinstall the bolt.
a.Reinstall the glove box and verify the gap is eliminated. If a gap is still
observed, install another washer behind the bolt.
b.If more additional washers are required, and the bolt is too short to accommodate them, replace the bolt with the longer bolt listed in the PARTS INFORMATION section of this bulletin.

invertedzero
06-16-2005, 08:06 PM
good find buddy! https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

ChikagoGTZ
06-16-2005, 08:24 PM
Yet they didn't have a cure for the 8g glovebox rattle...pricks!

errika
06-29-2005, 12:25 PM
thanks!! i had that gap!

Feared
07-19-2005, 11:22 AM
awsome, thanks for the find! i was wondering if it was just mine that was doing that..