PDA

View Full Version : Transmission acting up??

ChuloMxcn
06-16-2005, 04:56 AM
Well i noticed this the other day before the water pump problem, and its been on and off. Anyway, fixed the water pump problem with new timing belts and the problem came back again a while after driving.

Heres the problem:

I'll be stopped and when I try to go, the car doesnt wanna rev above 2000 until it shifts to second. Even if I mash on the gas, it doesnt go. So it will roll slowly then it will slowly pick up speed.

Thats the main problem, i dunno if related or not, but lately its been shifting hard from 2nd to 3rd like as if its a stick. And that has been happening when its not doing the other thing. Is my tranny dying and telling me somethin??

pinoyesv6
06-16-2005, 09:47 AM
hows your fluid? what level is it at? what kinda fluid is it? when was the last time you changed it?

ChuloMxcn
06-16-2005, 04:53 PM
Im guessing it needs a flush. Been thinkin bout doin it before this even started happening. The levels are good, but i dont think its the color its supposed to be. Imma get it flushed when I get out to LA, they just came today to ship it out there.

Anybody in the LA area know where I shoud go to get it done and how much??

Im hoping its just that cuz I dont wanna be spending a lot of money on the tranny right now

DryBear
06-16-2005, 05:16 PM
You really should try doing it yourself - PinoyESV6's tutorial is pretty straightforward and the process is actually pretty easy, plus you can save yourself a lot of money.

ChuloMxcn
06-16-2005, 07:46 PM
Thanks i might try that, the only problem is that I dont have all the necessary tools out the when I get to LA, but I guess imma need to buy em sometime.

low sittin 8g
06-16-2005, 11:26 PM
you should just do a 5 speed swap and get it over with.. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

ChuloMxcn
06-17-2005, 12:25 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(low sittin 8g)</div><div class='quotemain'>you should just do a 5 speed swap and get it over with.. Â*:lol:</div>

That would be nice!!! I was thinkin if the tranny is over, I might as well do it. But hopefully it doesnt come down to that yet, cuz of the money.