PDA

View Full Version : trunk lid

MysteryGalant
06-17-2005, 08:20 PM
Got my carbon trunk lid today from VIS . I know people ask about the fitment all the time im only going to ask once I know it dont go all the way down but is there a small trick to take it down just alittle to get even close to the body line please help out im out of clues ?

Danger DANJ
06-17-2005, 08:51 PM
I'm not sure if this pertains to the CF trunk, but the rubber stoppers on the stock trunk lid can be screwed in and out for adjustment. If the CF trunk has them, try screwing them in as far as they can go. Otherwise, I don't know if there is much you can do without having to find some way to adjust the position of the latch and the arms.

jusmills
06-17-2005, 10:50 PM
why exactly don't they fit so well...I noticed the same thing on someone elses who posted pics with a CF trunk. Is it because the mould was made on a hood that didn't fit the USDM galant (ie worldspec/JDM), if so are the trunks on the galant that much different then the USDM ones...

Censee
06-18-2005, 01:36 AM
there is a trick to getting the trunk to sit lower,,u must modify the oem latch on the car....u will see the latch thats attatched on the car is bolted on with 2 bolts,,,basically the latch is just a plate with a hook and two holes and bolts ,,,if u dremel the holes a bit more on top on both holes on the plate,, u can basically slide the plate more down making the trunk hook on to the latch lower,,,therefore having the trunk sit lower on the car.....

MysteryGalant
06-18-2005, 01:59 AM
Thanks for the info i'll give it a try .

Skillz911
06-18-2005, 12:27 PM
Yeah that definetely should work, Mine was kinda loose first but I unscrewed and slid the latch plate down and it fit alot more snugg, I plan on using a dremel also though.