PDA

View Full Version : DRLs?

LOST
06-25-2005, 02:34 PM
How do I get rid of them? I've been searchign all over the net and in my car. I cant find anything under the hood that resembles a DRL modual, my reseacrh into it has led me to beleive that DRL is built into the ECU for all 04+ mitsubishis, is that true? has any1 looked at the tech service manual for how the DRLs are wired?
Im curious becasue I want to put HIDs on without destroyign them prematurly

manybrews
06-25-2005, 05:08 PM
theyre controlled by the front ecu. Duty-cycled to 80 percent of full illumination.

LOST
06-26-2005, 09:28 AM
thats what ive read, i was just curious if any has tried a workaround for them yet. I'm really looking for the DRL wiring diagram and lighting diagram from the galant technical manual. Ive seen the drl ('http://home.comcast.net/~toddag/drl.png') and lighting diagrams for the new lancer, and the connectors and front ecu ('http://home.comcast.net/~toddag/frontecu.JPG') look the same. If so, there could be possibly a few ways around it.
basically there is a pulse width modualtor in the front ecu that lowers the power of the low beams giving u drl. im not that great with figuring out electronic diagrams But...
if u remove the pulse width modulator out of the loop....u should no longer have drls...only problem is u could have no low beams.
1.cap the #6 pin on the a-10x connector, which is the easiest but i think that will elimate power all together to the low beams.
2.brigding the #3 pin and #6 pin together on the a-10x, one could elimate the pulse width modualtor from the loop, which could do two things, elimate the drls and give the driver full control over the lowbeams or leave your headlights on at full power all the time.
3.Last but not least, buy a spare front ecu break it open and solder out/around the pulse width modualtor

and yes, the DRLs bother me that much

9G
06-26-2005, 10:14 AM
well, what about just doing some rewiring. On mine, I have the headlight wires going to the fogs or sometimes not connected at all and my fogs switch goes straight to the HID ballast. Thats the easiest way I can think of.

LOST
07-09-2005, 11:15 PM
well, im stubborn, ive been searching and what i've found is that lancers have the same front ecu, same model number etc, only # that is different is lot no. Ive seen a pic of a lancers front ecu...and for the love of god i cant find it again. anyway, what im getting at is that the front ecu controls the lights, and ultimatley the DRLs...sooo, possibley the evos(which is basicaly a lancer on roids) have the same front ecu....but from what ive read and seen, they do not come with DRL, thus maybe if u relpace the galants front ecu with an evos, no more drls, no wirehacking,,,or i can just get a 30amp rocker swicth and hide it under the center console to control the lights, maybe make my own harness inbetween the hids and the stock bulb socket so i can return it to factory

manybrews
07-10-2005, 09:00 AM
just leave them on.
theyre there 'cause they work.

9G
07-10-2005, 09:42 AM
just do it...