PDA

View Full Version : AGX in rear, GR2 in front

Serstylz2
06-27-2005, 09:58 PM
I found a great suspension deal on KYB AGX rear struts and Progress springs, and after running some numbers it would cost me the same amount to buy 2 AGXs for the front as the entire deal im getting for the rears and springs.. what would be the biggest problem with having GR2s on the front and AGXs on the rear, if any??

brandon
06-28-2005, 07:26 AM
No issues... the lowest AGX setting is essentially the same as having GR2s

Ed
06-28-2005, 10:42 AM
I think the ride would be better if you had the AGX's in the front and the GR-2's in the rear.....

I'm running the same setup now...with progress springs.I had GR-2's in the front and were too soft....just depends on your roads and how you drive....

Serstylz2
06-28-2005, 10:49 AM
so the biggest thing im worried about is safety.. from the replies im getting it is essentially safe to have diff. shocks which is a good thing.. the gr2's being soft made it bouncy didnt it?

icEbErg629
06-28-2005, 11:27 AM
from my experience, it is true that the softest setting(1) on the AGXs is almost the same ride as the GR2s in my other car. BUT do expect that your AGXs will get softer and softer in time as they're specifically made for stock height, they just last a lot longer than stock shocks/struts. I now have my front on 3 and my rear on 2 to just get the same ride when my AGXs were new almost 3 years ago (I have Progress springs 2.2 front, 1.8 rear)...but after riding in Reelax's g, Tein's true coilovers proved a lot superior in overall ride quality.

pinoyesv6
06-28-2005, 11:36 AM
the softest setting on the agx is stock. the numer 2 setting is just like the gr2's.

its safe to have the agx's in the back and the gr2's in the front but the ride might not be as comfortable as you want. especially if you have the rear at a stiff setting. it might exagerrate the fact that the gr2's don't have the adjustable dampening ability

Serstylz2
06-28-2005, 11:46 AM
I'm not worried too too much about the ride quality, the roads here are reasonable, I just wanted to make sure it was safe to operate with two different style shocks. Thanks to all who replied... heres where im getting my GR2's from if anyone was wondering or could beat the price..

http://www.importperformance.com/page/IP/P.../KYB-GR2/334268 ('http://www.importperformance.com/page/IP/PROD/KYB-GR2/334268')

82 bucks for each

pinoyesv6
06-28-2005, 11:48 AM
tirerack has them for like 57 bucks each for the front. and i bet if you go to club3g and ask PPS they can give you cheaper than that.