PDA

View Full Version : Cracked Windshield

Vedan
10-13-2002, 04:49 PM
I got a nasty rock chip on Friday night and my glass shop was closed on Saturday, by Saturday night I had a nice crack running across my windshield. My question is: Has anyone charged a windshield to their insurance and what effect did it have on your rates?

BGR
10-13-2002, 08:24 PM
I got one, too. Before I have it replace, I'm waiting for more rocks to hit the windshield. Makes no sense to me to replace it and get another rock in the windshield when I go to Vegas.

What I was told is to look in the yellow pages for replacement windshields (look under windshields) and find a ad that states something like "Free windshield, deductible waived" where the shop will wave your deductible, the insurance company and the windshield place absorb the cost. You get a free windshield.

I haven't done it yet but I spoke to two people at my work and they did it. They were the people that told me to look for these ads. I found one in my town, too, so I'll be using that in another month or so.

Here's some info for you: http://www.achickandawindshield.com/insurance-pays.htm ('http://www.achickandawindshield.com/insurance-pays.htm')

pinoyesv6
10-13-2002, 08:28 PM
i've gone thru many. my insurance rates didn't change either. just called the lady up @ the insurance company, she set up the appointment with the people doing the windshields and they came to where i was and changed it, no questions asked.

but yea, i'd check your insurance company to see what kind of coverage u get pertaining to the windshield

sd2775906
10-13-2002, 09:50 PM
My rates didn't change since I have glass under my coverage. Now I'm going for my second windshield in 6 months. They're not cheap, but the insurance told me it's fine, as long as I don't keep getting new ones all the time. So technically, I could get a new one every month...but they'd get suspicious.

pinoyesv6
10-13-2002, 09:54 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sd2775906)</div><div class='quotemain'>So technically, I could get a new one every month...but they'd get suspicious.</div>

i kinda sorta did that...until i found out that pouring boiling hot water on the windheild to clear everything off it, was the culprit for my windshield problems

Nick VR4
10-14-2002, 07:21 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PinoyESV6)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sd2775906)</div><div class='quotemain'>So technically, I could get a new one every month...but they'd get suspicious.</div>

i kinda sorta did that...until i found out that pouring boiling hot water on the windheild to clear everything off it, was the culprit for my windshield problems</div>

Oops what you do pour it over to clear ice of frost ?

pinoyesv6
10-14-2002, 07:31 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Nick VR4)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PinoyESV6)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sd2775906)</div><div class='quotemain'>So technically, I could get a new one every month...but they'd get suspicious.</div>

i kinda sorta did that...until i found out that pouring boiling hot water on the windheild to clear everything off it, was the culprit for my windshield problems</div>

Oops what you do pour it over to clear ice of frost ?</div>

i poured it over 6 inches of snow and ice...frost i can just scrape off...snow and ice is a different story

Nick VR4
10-14-2002, 07:43 AM
ouch
my last ford had a full heated front screen it was great

VR4 has a small heated area at bottom of screen to stop wipers frezzing on screen

speedygalant
10-14-2002, 03:08 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Nick VR4)</div><div class='quotemain'>ouch Â*
my last ford had a full heated front screen it was great Â*

VR4 has a small heated area at bottom of screen to stop wipers frezzing on screen</div>

shoot!! it even has one of those???!?? :wow:

Big H Killa
10-14-2002, 03:44 PM
I know in Florida Laws you're Insurance company is required to give you one free windshield a year and you're rates can't go up from it. But that's only Florida Laws. So it could be different where you are.