PDA

View Full Version : Leather Seats

spartus
06-30-2005, 10:24 PM
I really want leather seats for the galant but I am just wondering if there is anyway to do it for less money. I have looked at the kits and they look like they are going to run about a G when it is all done witch isnt too bad I guess but I was wondering if there was a place to get used leather seats or maybe if leather seats from any other cars might fit the galant? Just wondering....

pinoyesv6
06-30-2005, 10:25 PM
have u tried ebay? sometiems they have skins for cheap

IceDouTGaLanT
06-30-2005, 10:34 PM
leatherseats.com
ASk for ERIC
i kno its gona be under 1g prob 850 shipped i THINK

spartus
06-30-2005, 10:45 PM
I have checked both ebay and leather seats.com but just because the skin is like 600 it still has to be installed. And I have no idea how much that would cost and I dont wanna do it by my self. I went and talked to a leather guy in my town and he said if I order the kit from him it would be like a G installed. I didnt ask him how much it would be if I had my own maybe ill ask him. Any other ideas?

IceDouTGaLanT
06-30-2005, 10:48 PM
bro its mad easy to install i did mine my self with NOOOO Experince its easy if you get it ill tell you how to do it step by step..

spartus
06-30-2005, 11:01 PM
You dont need any special tools? I dont want it to be all lose and look like shit. Do you have any pictures of yours?

maximus
07-01-2005, 07:39 AM
I installed diamante leather seats in my g ride.The biggest problem was the rear seat is wider in the diamante than it is in the g.So I am going to remove the leather from the diamante rear lower cushion and install it on my factory lower cushion.I paid 150.00 for the front power seats and the rear setas shipped.Check out lkq online they might have another set. maximus

Serstylz2
07-01-2005, 08:30 AM
and it looks damn good too

did u get rid of the 19s???

Eaglflyrs
07-01-2005, 09:08 AM
Are there any other cars who seats whose leather seats would fit into the Galant without much problem? I mean, the Jetta black seats are real nice for only $100, but I doubt they would fit in the Galant.

maximus
07-01-2005, 09:17 AM
You would have to take some measurements for the front seat brackets and for the rear I had to make some modifications on the hangers to get them in.You would have to do some homework to find out what other models would fit.The stratus mit fit not sure thou.

Serstylz2:I still have the 19" axis sevens for now but I will be selling them soon.Thanks for the comment on my seats.maximus

Danger DANJ
07-01-2005, 09:33 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IceDouTGaLanT)</div><div class='quotemain'>bro its mad easy to install i did mine my self with NOOOO Experince its easy if you get it ill tell you how to do it step by step..</div>
I wouldn't say it's easy, but it's not real hard, just time consuming.

I got my Katkin leather in a group buy here with leatherseats.com for around $750 or so. That included shipping and an installation kit as well as double stitching and two logos on the front seats. If your local shop is saying $1000 installed, that's a good price. A couple places by me that I checked wanted like $1400 installed.

spartus
07-01-2005, 08:53 PM
Can I see some pictures of your seats maximus? And what is the problem with the back seat?

maximus
07-02-2005, 03:51 AM
The back seats are wider than our galants so when you close the door you have to shut it hard to get the cushion to move over.send me your e-mail address and I will get you some pics.Thanks maximus

spartus
07-02-2005, 10:25 PM
Another Question about the seats... How did you get the power to work on them? Just wondering cus im looking for some used ones but I dont want to get them then not be able to recline them and move them.. let me know.... thanks

maximus
07-03-2005, 04:07 AM
I only needed to hook up 2 wires a positive and a ground wire it was simple.Both my drivers seat and passanger seat are power.They both recline and move forward and backwards plus up and down with power lumbar support.I will try to get some pics for you I have been really busy sorry.maximus

Kenjuro
03-19-2006, 12:14 AM
What kind of Custom seats Fit the 8g??????
Anybody here have any installed?

spartus
03-19-2006, 11:57 PM
I am still pissed that I didnt jump on those kits that were on ebay awhile back for like 200 I should have jumped on it. Now I am going to end up spending alot more. Before I order a kit though I am going to go talk to a local guy that does seats and see if he could custom sow it for me for maybe a lil cheeper. I will let you know what happens. Also if anyone has any tan leather seats they want to get rid of I would love to take them off your hands.. =)

ipaintu
03-20-2006, 05:05 PM
oh them kits are Katskinz How i know.. I found a package in mine with COngrats on buying your new katskinz....

Yeah I look at mine in closet everday ...

White leather Awesome...

VIPtint
03-20-2006, 05:29 PM
i got my seats off ebay for like $450 shipped. you just ahve to be patient. i have a driver power seat now and he included all the door panels. i think i scored man. when the guy packaged them they were all indented up to i had to steam and heat them up so they would go back to normal. like the other guy said it was only two wires to hook up the power. just be patient and keep searching.

spartus
03-20-2006, 08:30 PM
Thanks guys I really wanna get some seats it just sucks now that I have the money I cant find anything and I dont wanna spend a G yeah know. Just keep your eyes open for somthing to come up! thanks guys

neel9
03-20-2006, 09:26 PM
i am looking for some seat covers too.. i think pLUGSNEt bought from some guy.. for like 550. but not sure.. and plus installation.. i am tryin to find little bit cheaper..

ipaintu
03-20-2006, 09:29 PM
just think i got my white set with door panels for 150.00 :shock:

spartus
03-21-2006, 12:13 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ipaintu)</div><div class='quotemain'>just think i got my white set with door panels for 150.00 Â* Â*:shock:</div>

Dont rub it in ! I deff wanna see pictures when you get that White leather installed.

ipaintu
03-21-2006, 06:28 PM
time grasshopper.. time...

Three O Five 8g
03-26-2006, 02:52 PM
Katzkin is good on leather seats and inserts... Search around your city..

SkylineG1
03-26-2006, 07:21 PM
Can anyone contact Katskin to see if we can get another group buy outta them.

spartus
03-26-2006, 07:31 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SkylineG1)</div><div class='quotemain'>Can anyone contact Katskin to see if we can get another group buy outta them.</div>

I might be down for that! How much did it cost last time they did it?

raw0055
03-26-2006, 07:37 PM
I actuall just contacted another member that posted a while back about katzkin. He is getting me a price and getting back to me tomorrow. I wanted two tone and mitsubishi diamonds with the door panels. He said around 500 but I will find out tomorrow for sure.

raw0055
03-26-2006, 07:41 PM
this is the original post. I just found this the other day it is an old post. But he got back to me.

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewt...ghlight=katzkin ('https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewtopic.php?t=22767&highlight=katzkin')

neel9
03-26-2006, 10:19 PM
i will be down for a GB