PDA

View Full Version : new heads..

low sittin 8g
07-05-2005, 08:26 PM
im clearing my headlight this week and i was thinkin it would look cool if i tinted the cover with a dark tint.. i have 2002 black houseing headlights.. im not talking about dark dark tint.. just like maybe 20% or somethin..

what you guys think..? is this legal..?

quicksilver22
07-05-2005, 08:51 PM
illegal. atleast it should be.

anything that obstructs the light output for your car making the visible lighting required for driving on your behalf, and the behalf of other motorists coming towards you and not being able to clearly make out your vehicle from a safe stopping distance is illegal.

that's why a lot of headlight covers/tail covers are illegal, and suggest that they are for show use only, or taken off for night driving.

pinoyesv6
07-05-2005, 09:02 PM
they make headlight covers that are tinted. a few members here have them, including bgr (the founder of the site)

but yea them being legal or illegal is pretty much a local issue. depends on where you live and if it is illegal, if the cops give a damn.

ChikagoGTZ
07-05-2005, 09:10 PM
Or you could use Nite-Shade, pretty cool stuff, which is what I blacked out my spoiler brakelight with....it's like 15 per can, 1 should do it, but get 2 to be safe...but it is permanent, so the covers may be a better option.

pinoyesv6
07-05-2005, 09:25 PM
you don't want to nightshade your headlights. you'd want to use some sorta cover or some tinting film like lamin-x. the problem with nightshades is that it is sprayed on. even if you tried really hard to get an even layer you'll still have dark and light spots. with a tinting film or cover the level of tinting you get is more consistant

low sittin 8g
07-06-2005, 04:46 PM
gotcha
i dont want them to be totally blacked out.. just darker.. more like a jdm headlight

pinoyesv6
07-06-2005, 06:13 PM
lamin-x just came out with a new film. its their smoked colred film. its what they call 20% or if you were talking window tint, it would be like 80% window tint.

they have a darker film they call charcoal that allows 65% of light to pass through

low sittin 8g
07-06-2005, 06:30 PM
thanks for the help bro

Alexey
07-07-2005, 12:43 AM
All those headlight covers are made for "offroad use" and are illegal on the city streets and highways. But if you use a relatively light tint, I don't think cops will mess with you for that. I've seen pics of someone's ride on here with tinted corners, but that's about it. As far as I remember, it looked decent. Either way, good luck with clearing and tinting your headlights.