PDA

View Full Version : Destroke your 4g64

Kenshin
07-07-2005, 03:36 PM
Sup peeps,

I havent been here for a while since now i got a 1g Dsm, but i was checking out slowboy for dsm parts and i seen a Destroke kit up there for the 4g64 so u can rev higher.

http://www.slowboyracing.com/more.php?id=3935& ('http://www.slowboyracing.com/more.php?id=3935&')

if this is a repost my bad..

krispy03
07-07-2005, 03:44 PM
:shock:

The 2.1L motors were designed for the guys that never wanted to step up from a 2.0L because they liked that top end power over 8,000 rpms. This is a great motor that we fully comfortable running up and above 10,000 rpms!

DOHCstunr
07-07-2005, 04:31 PM
yeah thats a great setup if you have a tranny that can handle shifts like that. no automatic is going to take it though. for instance the rx-8 has to has two different outputs due to the fact that the auto can't rev high. so the auto doesn't go to the same redline as the manual, and doens't have the same power output for example.

you also need a serious valvetrain overhaul. meaning new titanium retainers, preferably lighter valves, but definatly new springs with higher rates and pressures. for 10k your going to need double or triple valve springs.

but aside from the extra money involved. thats the ultimate road race engine.
i'd love to see someone put a destroked '64 in a galant. that would be awesome as a super touring sedan.

Jet Black
07-08-2005, 02:56 AM
I would love to hear the sound of that thing revving up that high. I wish my V6 would rev up to 10k (and made power till then as well).

MatrixRenagade
07-08-2005, 02:33 PM
So, is this for a '64 with DOHC, or my 8G's SOHC. Cause I'm not sure, but I don't think that that lonely little cam would handle RPM's that high.. :? Sounds like what I'd want to do if it WAS for the SOHC!!! 10K RPM's?!?!?! Hellz yeah! But, I still don't know..

Blu_MaTiC
07-08-2005, 07:20 PM
well for those SOHC civics i have a friend of mine who shifts close to 8000rpm so i think a out signle cam can handle that