PDA

View Full Version : removing plastic side pieces on door

atish25
07-08-2005, 12:03 AM
Does anyone know somebody who has taken off the side plastic piece on the lower part of the door that says galant and using body filler or fiberglass or something to smooth it out im getting a body kit and i would like to do that at the same time i know it leaves holes where the plastic piece pops out but i was just gonna fill that with body filler or something any help is appreciated

atish25

pinoyesv6
07-08-2005, 12:09 AM
i'd get some plugs welded in to fill in the holes. if i remember correctly some of the holes are pretty big.

chbuzz
07-10-2005, 10:50 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(atish25)</div><div class='quotemain'>Does anyone know somebody who has taken off the side plastic piece on the lower part of the door that says galant and using body filler or fiberglass or something to smooth it out im getting a body kit and i would like to do that at the same time i know it leaves holes where the plastic piece pops out but i was just gonna fill that with body filler or something any help is appreciated

atish25</div>I sanded mine down and debadged the "galant" when i was putting my kit on... but if you wanna take them off yeah it can be done just grind down the metel and fill with some fiberglass bondo. I'm not really sure how big the holes are(less than 1"?) but i doubt there to big to fill.

low sittin 8g
07-10-2005, 11:27 PM
they arent big.. i took off mine.. i used fiberglass bondo to fill the holes.. seems to be working fine for me..

atish25
07-11-2005, 06:46 PM
thanks guys you are always a help. There are some bends in the metal on the door from dents if they rust under the bondo will the bondo crack i guess if that just happens ill do it again. well thanks for the info
atish25

loser00
07-11-2005, 08:32 PM
i did it to mine you gonna have to put something over the holes like fg or the bondo will fall through