PDA

View Full Version : noise tires

queball
10-14-2002, 01:03 AM
Hey guys does any one else her have raly noise tires, mine were expensive and iwhen im driving all you hear from the back is kind of a wooble wooblw noise all the way down the rd, but i can't hear it from the front the every one says that its just the nature of my tires tsince there directionals, well im thinking bull shit if that was the case i would hear just as much noise comming from the fron as the rear.. then i get to look ing at my rear end and my rear tires are riding more on the insides of them then the whole tire, and wearing in sides out, plus wehn i took it to have it aligned the guy told me that not only am i cambering and there no adjustment for it both of my rear tires and toeing in differant directions so i guess im kinda just dragging my rear end along more then it fallowing the front, but they told me it wouldn't do any good to fix the toe untill i can figer out why there cambering, and the supsntion is all stock i have't dropped it or any thing.. any ideas..?

pinoyesv6
10-14-2002, 06:51 AM
first thing is, you might want to consider a rear camber kit if the rear camber is that messed up. it might not correct it all the way, depending on how messed up it is but, it should make it better. also, have camber problems and alignment problems doesn't have to be associated with a lowered car, the weight of the car itself can change the camber. if you ever jacked up a car, you can see what im talking about.

as for the tires, some tires do make noise. if its only the rear tires, you might want to rotate them and see if they still make noise. also make sure that the tires are still good. if you have been running with a bad alignment for a while, you could have worn down the tires in certain areas where you can cause a safety hazzard, you might also want to save up and consider getting new tires. that too might be able to relieve your noise problems

queball
10-14-2002, 06:55 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PinoyESV6)</div><div class='quotemain'>first thing is, you might want to consider a rear camber kit if the rear camber is that messed up. it might not correct it all the way, depending on how messed up it is but, it should make it better. also, have camber problems and alignment problems doesn't have to be associated with a lowered car, the weight of the car itself can change the camber. if you ever jacked up a car, you can see what im talking about.

as for the tires, some tires do make noise. if its only the rear tires, you might want to rotate them and see if they still make noise. also make sure that the tires are still good. if you have been running with a bad alignment for a while, you could have worn down the tires in certain areas where you can cause a safety hazzard, you might also want to save up and consider getting new tires. that too might be able to relieve your noise problems</div>
tires are new just showing some wear in the insides from the cambe problem, i was going to get a camber kit but that wouldn't fix the problem with the rar sitting lower then the fron i was kinda thinking of thouse adjustable coils, and new shocks.. but the shocks look lie a pain in the ass to get out i haven't decidd if i would have to remove the rear deck cover or if i can get to the nut from inside the trunk..

pinoyesv6
10-14-2002, 06:57 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(queball)</div><div class='quotemain'>tires are new just showing some wear in the insides from the cambe problem, i was going to get a camber kit but that wouldn't fix the problem with the rar sitting lower then the fron i was kinda thinking of thouse adjustable coils, and new shocks.. Â*but the shocks look lie a pain in the ass to get out i haven't decidd if i would have to remove the rear deck cover or if i can get to the nut from inside the trunk..</div>

you know that you have to remove the shock to get to the spring right? and how its not good to just lower one end of a car...

queball
10-14-2002, 07:00 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PinoyESV6)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(queball)</div><div class='quotemain'>tires are new just showing some wear in the insides from the cambe problem, i was going to get a camber kit but that wouldn't fix the problem with the rar sitting lower then the fron i was kinda thinking of thouse adjustable coils, and new shocks.. Â*but the shocks look lie a pain in the ass to get out i haven't decidd if i would have to remove the rear deck cover or if i can get to the nut from inside the trunk..</div>

you know that you have to remove the shock to get to the spring right? and how its not good to just lower one end of a car...</div>
i never lowered it thats just the way it is my suspention is all stock i didn't want to lower for the main fact of haveing a camber problem and then have to worry about fixing that so its still all stock, so i don't know why the rear is like that, every one says its my box but i took the box out and it still sits low and thats whats causeing my camber problem if i could get the car back up were its supose to be it would coreect the camber

pinoyesv6
10-14-2002, 07:09 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(queball)</div><div class='quotemain'>i never lowered it thats just the way it is my suspention is all stock i didn't want to lower for the main fact of haveing a camber problem and then have to worry about fixing that so its still all stock, so i don't know why the rear is like that, every one says its my box Â*but i took the box out and it still sits low and thats whats causeing my camber problem if i could get the car back up were its supose to be it would coreect the camber</div>

yea most likely it is the box, the weigh of the box is helping you to simulate a lowered car. you might want to keep the box off for a couple days to see if your car raises back up and maybe fixes the problem. nonetheless, if the box is causing your car to be lowered in the rear, you should consider the camber kit, even if you aern't lowered with aftermarket coils

queball
10-14-2002, 07:27 PM
[yea most likely it is the box, the weigh of the box is helping you to simulate a lowered car. you might want to keep the box off for a couple days to see if your car raises back up and maybe fixes the problem. nonetheless, if the box is causing your car to be lowered in the rear, you should consider the camber kit, even if you aern't lowered with aftermarket coils[/quote]

yea i just need to figure out first if i have bad springs or shocks though before i buy a camber kit, becouse if there bad according to the dealer that will also cause it to camber becouse its not holding the ass up in the air as high as its supose to be.. and its been cambering like that since i bought it and that was before there was any type of stereo system in it, i think the person that hadit before me may have over weighted the trunk becouse the whole floor of the trunk was broken in half where that spare tire cover is and every thing and the damn dealer ship had it covered up with my floor mats so i never noticed it, oh well i gutted the trunk and put it a customer built deal https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif.. i just wish there was some way i could figure out if the spings or the shocks were bad or if there ok before i go and buy all kinds of new shit and waiste a bunch of money..

Jesse
10-15-2002, 01:35 PM
If they are FIRESTONE, get the hell out of the car. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

queball
10-15-2002, 06:56 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jesse)</div><div class='quotemain'>If they are FIRESTONE, get the hell out of the car. Â*:lol:</div>
nope not firestones shit.. mine are yokahomas or how ever there pernounsed..