PDA

View Full Version : Back Seat Flap

Lazarus
10-14-2002, 07:20 AM
I was wonderinf if anyone knew what the flap in the back seat was made of. I was trying to mount a DVD player to it and I tried and tried to drill into it but I couldn't break the surface. Anyone know what it's made of or how I can mount something to it?

pinoyesv6
10-14-2002, 07:28 AM
wOw thats weird. did u start off with a really tiny bit and move up to something bigger. or maybe some self tappign screws might just do the trick. if worse comes to worse, you can always break out the masonry bits and see waht that does...

Lazarus
10-14-2002, 07:47 AM
I started out with a pretty small bit and I never really went up in size. I didn't break through with that so I just tried to figure out something else. I may just try and just buils some kind of shelf/rack in the little den area.

pinoyesv6
10-14-2002, 07:54 AM
did u get somebody to help u out and hold the seat flap. i mean if you just pushed it down on the seat and drilled, u lose some of your pressure that you are putting on the drill cuz the seatback and the seat is cushioned. you could get a lil bit more pressure if you held it

2k2mitsu
10-14-2002, 10:24 AM
yeah..def get someone to hold the flap. my shop drilled my dvd player there while i held it..not a prob at all...

balln8g
10-14-2002, 10:29 AM
I used the self tapping screws like Pinoy said to mount my PS2 there. They worked great.