PDA

View Full Version : Window Tints Layers

chromed_out_galant
07-14-2005, 11:20 PM
Can someone explain the layering to me? I see a lot of people say they have more than one layer of tint. I want darker tints than I have rigth now. Would it be better to get another layer or get em re-done? I tried searcing bt didn't find a real answer.

pinoyesv6
07-14-2005, 11:33 PM
layering is pretty much just what it is. you put one layer of tint over the other.

depending on the type of tint you have and how dark you really want it will depend if you want to layer or get it redone. if you have crappy or tint, get it redone cuz you'd want to have a good foundation.

chromed_out_galant
07-14-2005, 11:39 PM
I have a pretty solid tint as it is. I just want it darker. Is it any more expensive to get it redone as opposed to layered? I just don't understand why someone would even do the layering.

pinoyesv6
07-14-2005, 11:58 PM
if you can achieve the darkness you want with one layer then do one layer. the less layers the better.

but yea some people do layering to achieve different tint level and sometimes to get custom effects.

digital_ripper04
07-15-2005, 01:15 AM
My front windows are 50% + 5% limo tint and I kinda dont like it, like mid day you cant even see faces of people in the next car. I would stick with just 5% limo . . no layers

low sittin 8g
07-15-2005, 02:25 AM
if you get it taken off... whoever is doing it will charge you for it.. if they just put it on top of your existing tint.. no extra charge..

chromed_out_galant
07-15-2005, 01:43 PM
How much do most tint shops charge to take it off? Also, when I was in Brooklyn last week I saw soooooo many tint shops. I was wondering how cheap they are since there are so many and whether they do a good job?

spartus
07-17-2005, 06:16 AM
Around herre it is like 40 a window to have it riped off witch is just about the same as it cost to put it on. THat is why if I wanted to go darker I would just layer it.. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

chromey
07-17-2005, 08:10 AM
i got priced $375 for stripping the old tint and putting a new one

eatyourkix
07-17-2005, 11:34 AM
i think you can just take off the tint yourself, but regardless, my tint (which is 20% all around) cost me $169.99 with tax. how dank is that? and i have a lifetime warranty anywhere in the US.

i think when buying tint, warranty is the key - find somewhere that will do it over again if it sucks or if they mess up when they're putting it on. that's key my man

devgrp
07-17-2005, 01:11 PM
When I got my tints they were 35% all around and I paid $125. I got stop and the cops gave me ticket. I took it back to the shop and told them to make it darker, so they put a 20% layer on. They charged me $90 to do that. Now it is 18% when I checked it. I have no problem seeing out the windows, except out the country at night if its raining. That wont usually happen unless I drive to NC though.

So far the layer is still intacted. No sign of pealing.

digital_ripper04
07-17-2005, 01:48 PM
mine was 25$ a window any darkness https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

mrjaydeeone
07-17-2005, 05:18 PM
I got mine done a few years ago for $165 for 20% on all windows 'cept for the front
I found someone that is gonna retint for me, over what I got for $140
looking to throw either 20% or 5% on top

if anyone in NJ or NY area is looking to get their car tinted lemme know
my friends shop is located in Linden NJ

spartus
07-17-2005, 05:50 PM
Man you guys got good deals! I got all of mine done for 200 and that is cheep usually they charge 275 for a 4door. It is because there are only a few places that do it and they can charge what ever the fuck they want. Ripping off tint doesnt seem that bad but you have to be carful with the back window so you dont rip of the defroster thangs.....

chromey
07-17-2005, 09:50 PM
I got mine done a few years ago for $165 for 20% on all windows 'cept for the front

can u get me a price to strip my current tint and put 20's all around?

mrjaydeeone
07-17-2005, 10:17 PM

yeah I will ask my friend when I speak to him.
why ya wanna strip it 1st?
I was gonna do that also but then I would just get 5% in the 1st place
I have 20% right now and I don't feel it's dark enuff

spartus
07-18-2005, 01:06 AM
Yeah I wanna go darker. I thought about just putting a layer of 35% on my back window that already has 20%. It would make all the tint look darker, but then again I dont wanna give the 5.0z somthing else yeah know....

low sittin 8g
07-18-2005, 01:09 AM
shit come to the south louisiana.. 10 bucks a window.. professionally done.. anything you want

mrjaydeeone
07-18-2005, 01:14 AM
shit come to the south louisiana.. 10 bucks a window.. professionally done.. anything you want

:shock: wow 10 bucks a window

chromed_out_galant
07-18-2005, 06:11 PM
Right now I have 28% on all except the front. Front has nothing. I don't want it really really dark, but I want it to look only like a silouette when people look in. I don't want people to be able to see inside. What would you guys suggest? Will most tint shops know how to layer and stuff cuz I would like to take it back to the same place so I still have the warranty. 28% is just way to light for my tastes. I have regretted not getting it darker from day 1. :evil:

NYmagicstk
07-18-2005, 07:53 PM

<span style='color:blue'>Can you also find out how much to remove then put a layer of blue, and the "darkest" mirror tint possible. I want blue windows, but the blue is so see through. I don't want anybody able to see in my shit.</span>

ipaintu
07-18-2005, 08:26 PM
I got mine free since I have a tint shop.. But other than this Its 125.00 a car with Lumar films. Thats most cars. If I know you and you dont have one of them hardassed cars with the freak back window, Its like 90.00

I dont know what I have on mine but its DARK Illegal and I cant see out at night. I have to really watch how I drive at night. and look around to front in daytimes...

I know how tint works tho. Alot thinks if its darker its better, which is wrong. I have seen some you cant even tell is on your windows and lets Like NO Heat or UVs in.

mrjaydeeone
07-20-2005, 05:30 PM

yeah I will ask my friend when I speak to him.
why ya wanna strip it 1st?
I was gonna do that also but then I would just get 5% in the 1st place
I have 20% right now and I don't feel it's dark enuff

[quote=mrjaydeeone]I got mine done a few years ago for $165 for 20% on all windows 'cept for the front

<span style='color:blue'>Can you also find out how much to remove then put a layer of blue, and the "darkest" mirror tint possible. I want blue windows, but the blue is so see through. I don't want anybody able to see in my shit.</span>

Give him a call as for Ronnie 908-486-1130 (Toys with Noiz) Linden NJ
tell him Jason with the silver galant sent ya

Z
07-20-2005, 09:35 PM
just wondering why would you need more layers of tint when you can get a single layer thats really dark?

http://z.xplizit-designs.com/NeW/New/DSC00593.JPG

i have no clue what % it is but as you can see, its daylight, sun hitting it and you cant see through. i paid 150 and it would have been 170 for the front windows too.

i took off my previous tint by myself. just spend 20 or 30 bucks on rubbing alcohol and you'll be set.

LosAngelesRider
07-22-2005, 01:26 PM
I have a spot out here in Los Angeles that will do all your Windows for $100.00 bucks. Its on Beverly bewteen Western and Normandie. Its a koren spot. I got my windows done there on both of my Galants. Limo Tint all around!

NYmagicstk
07-22-2005, 04:15 PM
Damn you californians!!! :evil: You all have so many tuner shops, so many kustomz places, and tint shops that are so cheap. NYC has those things, but I guess since "2ning" (lol) isn't really that big here like that, we enthusiasts that want shit done to our car must either search far and wide, or pay dearly. I don't hate y'all, just envious.
Where are there tint shops in NYC that charge like $100 (give or take $50) for either limo ass black tint, or blue, or mirror blue??? In queens, I haven't found any cheap ones.

Alexey
07-22-2005, 04:37 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(low sittin 8g)</div><div class='quotemain'>shit come to the south louisiana.. 10 bucks a window.. professionally done.. anything you want</div>

Check for me how much they'll do mine for. I want to put 5% all around and 35% on the windshield. Currently i got 12% all around except the windshield. Thanks.

chromed_out_galant
07-24-2005, 12:08 AM
I called the place I had my tints done at originally and they said that they can not layer on the side windows b/c they roll down. Said they would charge 225 to take off the sides and redo em and put another layer on the back :evil: I don't have that much money right now so I am stuck with what I have...