PDA

View Full Version : High Flow Cat

Johnathansgalant
07-16-2005, 08:06 PM
Hello,
I have searched repeatedly for a I4 high flow cat but the only one i can find is a magnaflow from ptuning i belive which is not bolt on.. Does any one know if there is a high flow cat that will bolt on to the I4 exhaust - preferably 2.5 in and out ... Thanks for any help --

if this has been posted i could not find it so if u post again i would appreciate it... thanks

NYmagicstk
07-17-2005, 05:07 PM
I've read that unless to are forced induction (turbo/super charge), then 2.5 will actually be worse for your car than the 2.25 that it has now. Something to do with back pressure I think. Were you planning on having a 2.5 pipe from your headers back? I had asked about a setup like that a while ago, and that's what I was told.

Johnathansgalant
07-17-2005, 05:13 PM
Hey,
Yea i have a 2.5 in megan catback righ now and i am going FI soon as im gatherin the parts.. I have noticed some low end weakness but nothing terrible and the top end feels nice. Either way im not going back so i wanted to get the high flow and finish gather the turbo compenents.. if i can bolt on a high flow it would be another step..

extremsprt86
07-18-2005, 09:32 AM
if you just wanted to replace the cat all together, i have a left over downpipe i didnt use from my headers i can sell you, it just needs an elbow from your header to connect to it.

Danger DANJ
07-18-2005, 10:22 AM
The stock cat is welded on to the downpipe, so there is no way to simply replace it with a new bolt on cat. So, if you want a new cat, you'll have to do some welding.

Johnathansgalant
07-18-2005, 11:48 AM
Hey thanks for the info guys... i might as well just wait till have the turbo parts then and get a custom downpipe like everybody has told me to do but thanks for the offer of the dp. u guys answered my quests..