PDA

View Full Version : Catalytic Converter Length for Test Pipe

ArtyG
07-18-2005, 09:05 AM
I need to replace my cat (if I replace it at all), but for the time being, I'm just going to put in a test pipe. Can anyone tell me what length pipe I need or can someone measure the 7G cat and post up the length since I'm at work and I know someone who can get it done by this afternoon so I can pick it up after work. Thanks in advance.

Mindless
07-18-2005, 10:37 AM
It would probably be better for you to buy a stock length of pipe and cut it to fit.

edit: You can find test pipes on ebay for like $20 or so. I also tried finding Jip's site (he had the details about making a test pipe on there) but came up empty handed.

brandon
07-18-2005, 11:01 AM
http://jipp.no-ip.com/car/diytestpipe.htm ('http://jipp.no-ip.com/car/diytestpipe.htm')

ArtyG
07-18-2005, 11:51 AM
Sweetness. I had read Rob's tutorial too, but that was a while back. Good lookin' out fellaz. 16", wOOt.

peanotation
07-18-2005, 12:58 PM
i have a 2g HFC (thin resonator) with mounting brackets sitting in my garage that'll bolt up no problem. you want it?

ArtyG
07-18-2005, 01:55 PM
i have a 2g HFC (thin resonator) with mounting brackets sitting in my garage that'll bolt up no problem. you want it?

You got PM, amigo. Thanks again guys.

JiP
07-18-2005, 04:11 PM
autozone no longer carry's the parts I used to make the testpipe. The end pieces that slip on with the flanges already there they dont have = not in NY anyway.

peanotation
07-18-2005, 06:55 PM
shipped, you got pm buddy

DOHCstunr
07-18-2005, 07:00 PM
if any body wants it, i have a catalytic converter where all the substrate fell out. and now there's nothing in it at all. imagine that. don't know what any body would want to do with it. seeing as how its hollow and all. its for a 7th gen. maybe someone will know what to do with this cat. even though there is absolutly nothing in it. 20 bucks shipped.

Mindless
07-19-2005, 03:43 PM
if any body wants it, i have a catalytic converter where all the substrate fell out. and now there's nothing in it at all. imagine that. don't know what any body would want to do with it. seeing as how its hollow and all. its for a 7th gen. maybe someone will know what to do with this cat. even though there is absolutly nothing in it. 20 bucks shipped.

I'll trade you an 02 sensor for it.